Stock question

feelinducky

I'm in a bit of a quandry and I hope I can get the opinions of you guys. I am currently working on a 270wsm in a Rem 700 XCR. I don't know which stock to go with. I currently have a 300 RUM Remington XCR that I put a Stockys laminate (granite grey) with a Zeiss 4.5 X14 on and it shoots and looks fantastic. Originally I was thinking on having them set up exactly the same but after looking at stocks again, I'm thinking of a B&C Medalist with the aluminum bedding block or the Alaskan II. I'll get the same scope. Each still have factory barrels for now. I will be using the 270wsm for antelope and california deer, but I'll be walking with it. Should I outfit them the same or change it up with a different stock? All opinions are welcome.
Thanks

My idea is that if you like it and it works don't touch it, mess with it, fiddle or in any other way alter a working combination. I have two Chet Browns on identical rifles. I did buy an H_S this year for another one. All of mine are composite and black. Nuff from me!

Thanks for the good advice. I like the feel of the laminate but I would also like to lighten up the set up.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.