Boyd's Stock Question for a Savage????

patboos44

I just picked up a Savage model 12 in 22-250. I was looking at getting a Boyds thumbhole stock. It's a center feed model. I'm confused if I should get the bull barrel or the factory barrel stock? It has the factory barrel on it but the factory barrel is a "bull barrel" Just don't want to order the wrong one. Thanks for any help!

44, call Boyd's, they will help you. 605-996-5011. Perhaps look at their Pro-Varmint stock, with a couple of their upgrades they look great and are very strong. Never seen a Boyd's that didn't need in letting checked and bedding. Good luck

I have one of those as well. Great looking stock and relatively easy to bed the action into the stock. I ended up making an escutcheon to replace the plastic one that comes on the stock for the forward action screw. Anyways, I ordered the bull barrel stock as well and there is a small 1/32 gap around the barrel at the forend, which looks fine to me.

Attachments

• 20160201_175704.jpg
    20160201_175704.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 22
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts