boyds pro varmint stock endurance?

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by totallyforwork, Apr 7, 2015.

1. totallyforwork

totallyforwork Member

I have a 300 win mag in a savage action and I wanr to put a suppressor on it. Would this laminate stock be able to withstand the harsh recoil of hot reloads and the additional weight of a suppressor on the muzzle?

I am probably getting the Silencerco Harvester which is about 12ozs and put it on my 24 inch barrel.I have never pillar bedded a rifle but I have glass bedded this factory stock.

2. Dosh

Dosh Well-Known Member

TFW, I have bedded numerous Boyd's stocks for friends and find them very strong. It will easily withstand hot loads from 300WM and the suppressor. Just be sure to check inletting before bedding since most stocks aren't perfect. The pillars aren't too difficult and there are many videos online to help. Good luck

3. totallyforwork

totallyforwork Member

Great! Did you swap bottom metal too? I am looking at PTG stelth bottom metal for this. Stevens 200 centerfeed non accutrigger

4. Dosh

Dosh Well-Known Member

TFW, if you haven't ordered the Boyd's, call them and tell them what you need. Boyd's are very customer friendly. All the Boyds stocks I have bedded were for strictly stock components.

5. Rick Richard

Rick Richard Well-Known Member

Good idea to call them and discuss your application. Also, take a look at some of their videos where they intentionally torture test a stock. Very impressive.

6. mountainman56

mountainman56 Well-Known Member

Yes :D