Boyds stock owners!

Bigeclipse

Hey all,
I am having a hard time finding a weight for boyds stocks. I am curious if anyone knows a general weight for these stocks. I know it depends on models, I am more specifically talking about the classic models or prairie hunter models...not the tactical models. I would like to buy one for a savage I own but if they are really heavy I don't think I will. Thanks!

Hey all,
I am having a hard time finding a weight for boyds stocks. I am curious if anyone knows a general weight for these stocks. I know it depends on models, I am more specifically talking about the classic models or prairie hunter models...not the tactical models. I would like to buy one for a savage I own but if they are really heavy I don't think I will. Thanks!

Have you contacted them directly? They can give you exact weight of the exact model.

On their design gallery they have the average weight of models. They list 2.8 lb for both the classic and prairie hunter models.

On their design gallery they have the average weight of models. They list 2.8 lb for both the classic and prairie hunter models.

hmm dang...I searched for a while looking for weight...ill have to give their site another look see. Thanks Doc!

Update: Just went to their site...and you are correct it shows the weight if you go to their gallery. I was doing the drop downs to find a specific model rifle fitment which it does not show weight. thanks again Doc

My Boyds Prairie Hunter for Remmy LA weighs 2 lb 10 oz

My Bell and Carlson for same rifle weighs 2 lb 8 oz.

Seems as only the tupper ware stocks stocks are really light.

Enjoy

My Boyds Prairie Hunter for Remmy LA weighs 2 lb 10 oz

My Bell and Carlson for same rifle weighs 2 lb 8 oz.

Seems as only the tupper ware stocks stocks are really light.

Enjoy

thanks! I wanted to try and stay under 3lbs so im ok with what the boyds weight. I just didn't want to get into the 3-4lb range.

Big, perhaps a PM to AZHunter would help. In another thread he mentioned drilling the stock and cutting 7 oz off the weight. Sounds doable since the Boyd's laminates are so darn strong.

Big, perhaps a PM to AZHunter would help. In another thread he mentioned drilling the stock and cutting 7 oz off the weight. Sounds doable since the Boyd's laminates are so darn strong.

this is a good idea. I am not ultra concerned about weight just wanted to stay under the 3lb mark which it sounds like these stocks are...granted I will also be pillar bedding it so that will add some weight but not to much. Im building a rifle for my wife, which is why I want to keep it on the lighter sides of things. Her length of pull is just a touch shorter than mine so it will actually work for me as well the days she is not hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts