Boyd's AT-1

DD, my son's friend has one on a 700 which I saw at the range. He said it was awesome, but wasn't shooting as accurately as his old stock. He had his relative bed it and found an inletting spot binding. It now shoots very accurately. I've bedded quite a few Boyd's and always check the inletting. They all performed much better than unbedded. I like the AT-1 and their Pro-Varmint. Good luck

I got one on a Rugar ranch in 300 blk. big improvement over stock. I wanted something for the grand kids that can grow as they do. The pro varmint looks nice also. Any wooden stock should be bedded !

Is there any feedback about this stock?
I have a few different Boyd's stocks on my rimfire rifles and one on a little CZ 527. I'm typically not a big fan of wood but it's very hard to find stocks that are both inexpensive and good quality, the Boyd's stocks are both.

I have the Pro Varmint on my 17 WSM and a Ruger 77/17 HMR. I like them very well but be aware it's designed more as a prone or bench shooting stock and is basically a laminated wood version of the McM A5.

My dad just ordered a Boyd's AT-One for a Howa long action that he currently has a Manners T2 on. He should have it in a couple weeks so I'll know more then.

I completely agree with JDD in that all wood stocks benefit from being bed, but I'm also of the believe ALL stocks benefit from being bed, not just wood stocks.

Love mine. I had to sand some to get good clearance for bedding but they look and work great.
20170620_180718_zpswwubjmop.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.