1 shot coyote at 742 yards

[ QUOTE ]
UFO in the right background of the first picture. You sure this wasn't down near Area 51.

[/ QUOTE ] it was not a UFO in the picture, we were under the cliffs in the shade and had to use a slower shutter speed thus making a speeding hawk look suspiciously like a UFO, and besides I doubt Area51 is this beautiful of a spot.
UB

[ QUOTE ]
That place looks familiar.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How was the body count? Did you take a poke at another 2000 yard chuck?

[/ QUOTE ] Yes this is the "familiar" spot but the body count was not good, too many coyotes and snakes (shot a 4foot rattler with my 357) plus they have cut a two lane road in here so everyone can shoot it out.
We would have called you and 4ky but we never planned on going that far west but the chucks were scarce any where we went, lets try it a month earlier next year.
Talked to Capt.Morgan yesterday and he is planning on how to shoot a coyote at 1000yds,good luck with that.
UB

[ QUOTE ]
too many coyotes

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there such a thing? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That sucks there is a road there now.... probably means that there will be houses in there soon too.

4ked and I are still looking for a good spot and I keep hearing about places to go, I just need to get out and find them.....too bad diesel is over $3/gallon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Once the snow melts off, there is another spot we go, but most of those chucks are close range.

nice shooting! most people dont realize how far 700 yards truly is while trying to hit a coyote. i rencently got a coyote w/ my 6.5 284, check out my posts if you get a few mins!

Nice shooting Coltac and capt Thanks for the pics and sharing, coyotes make a challenging target.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.