BOW lope hunt

ammohouse

Ok, I just watched a BOW lope hunt episode.
The hunter was shooting a 30-378 and the Lope was 500yds.
It seems to me and a few other folks that have seen it that its clearly a shot in the butt.
When they walk up the Lope is laying there so pretty with his legs folded under and you never see any holes.
Why do shows feel the need to misdirect us?
Everybody has made a bad shot sooner or later but at least the folks I know will claim them!

Ok, I just watched a BOW lope hunt episode.
The hunter was shooting a 30-378 and the Lope was 500yds.
It seems to me and a few other folks that have seen it that its clearly a shot in the butt.
When they walk up the Lope is laying there so pretty with his legs folded under and you never see any holes.
Why do shows feel the need to misdirect us?
Everybody has made a bad shot sooner or later but at least the folks I know will claim them!
Do you have a link to it or was it on TV?

I think I've seen the same episode.

While no one is going to fool us think of the general viewing public that might watch. The Anti's are always looking for reasons to scream and whine about the ethics of hunting long range hunting in particular. I'm sure they don't want to give them any ammo. Of course there's also the fact that they will only have so much footage each year to sort through to come up with whatever number of episodes they are contracted for and if they have too many such incidents they just have to do what they have to do posing and editing wise to come up with enough to do them.

This discussion reminds me of something a good friend pointed out when I was young which was that the majority of Americans couldn't enjoy their meals if they thought about what it takes to put it on the plate.

That is the end result of moving more and more towards being an urban and suburban society and away from being a rural society where such things are a part of daily life for most growing up.

Sorry, no link it was on tv.
I know I've kinda bashed BOW in the past, but its all been truthful in my eyes.
I agree with your views also.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts