New Mexico Lope

I was hunting the ranch next to Rim Rock; were you guys in a white pickup? Saw one on the Rim Rock border. Passed on about five before I shot this one. The left measured 17.5"; the right tip was broken off but still measured 16.5."

The terrain and vegetation does make it very difficult to range animals. I love my SIG, but I do wish the beam divergence was a bit tighter. The problem in this particular area is that it is extremely flat and invariably there is a lot of vegetation poking up (cactus, grass, etc).
IMG_3039.JPG

NM changed the rules recently and now allow private landowners to set their own quota. I hope they don't end up shooting too many. All of these ranches are large, but some are huge, so I don't really know. I know I was the only one hunting on my ranch, and the other guy hunting with my outfitter was the only guy on his ranch (2x1 hunt however).

Congratulations to all who have been sucessful so far, some beautiful antelope . To anyone else who has not started their season best wishes and good luck for a safe and sucessful hunting season.

I was hunting the ranch next to Rim Rock; were you guys in a white pickup? Saw one on the Rim Rock border. Passed on about five before I shot this one. The left measured 17.5"; the right tip was broken off but still measured 16.5."

The terrain and vegetation does make it very difficult to range animals. I love my SIG, but I do wish the beam divergence was a bit tighter. The problem in this particular area is that it is extremely flat and invariably there is a lot of vegetation poking up (cactus, grass, etc).View attachment 209129

The terrain and vegetation does make it very difficult to range animals. I love my SIG, but I do wish the beam divergence was a bit tighter. The problem in this particular area is that it is extremely flat and invariably there is a lot of vegetation poking up (cactus, grass, etc).View attachment 209129
Could have been us, but there were several white trucks on that ranch.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts