Bore scopes

I purchased one when they first hit the market. I used it a couple of times and what I was able to see scared me so much that I put it away and have not used it since.

note: scared may not be the correct term, but maybe confusing is.

Gun cleaning, Takes effort and thought, but the payoff is huge.

Teslong makes a good one. I use their flexible one and keep it in my car to check the bores on old guns I run into at gun shops. They'll fit down a 22 barrel just fine. Unless you're a gunsmith or buy a lot of used guns they're not all that useful, and will reveal "problems" that aren't worth your time to even think about.

I've had great luck a very inexpensive Teslong for a couple years now. It's the basic cable model (.20 caliber?) and plugs in to my laptop PC. Takes some practice to really understand what your seeing, but it's definitely worth the small cost. I think I've gotten to where I can really understand what I'm seeing in the rifle bore.

I wish this site had a section for "bore scope pictures/movies". If there was, much would be learned, and those of us who have been using bore scopes for a long time could teach. Shooting is advancing at a very fast pace, and the use of the bore scope is another level, if they have the interest.

Barrel quality
Chamber issues
Throat issues
Crown issues looking from the inside
Reloading die issues

There is a learning curve, and with no point of focus on this subject, the learning curve is long.

I bought the 450H model and like it.I think a newer model is out now but go to the website and take a pick and then go to Amazon and see a better price.

Am looking to buy a borescope. Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction?
I have a teslong bought it a while ago, it has different tips and can do a 22 caliber on up. I am sure in a pinch you could give yourself an at home colonscopy as that is what these actually are as they are colonoscopy probes, make sure you get a new one. The one shipped to me had some literature (came with instructions). But all kidding aside as far as use on guns, this can definitely help you get an idea on what is going on with your barrel, and with the correct video software on your computer you can freeze a frame and blow up pictures. I pretty cool tool, I use it before and after when using the Tubbs final finish fire-lap bullets and before and after when I clean a barrel, when I see degradation in groupings.

I wish this site had a section for "bore scope pictures/movies". If there was, much would be learned, and those of us who have been using bore scopes for a long time could teach. Shooting is advancing at a very fast pace, and the use of the bore scope is another level, if they have the interest.

Barrel quality
Chamber issues
Throat issues
Crown issues looking from the inside
Reloading die issues

There is a learning curve, and with no point of focus on this subject, the learning curve is long.
Great idea! That may help some of us determine if we want/need one.
Lou

When you get those lovely tooling marks ACROSS the bore for the entire length on that bargain "custom" that fouls terribly and won't group, you can remind yourself about all that money you saved….
I've showed some guys those pictures of their purchase and watched their faces stretch with gravity.
mass produced ain't custom!