Borden vs Pierce action?

Sewelly

Hello from Norway! Im a hunter in my 20s who is looking for a new rifle for all-round small game up to and including roe deer!

I started looking at rem 700s, but read somewhere buy expensive, cry once - buy cheap, buy twice!

So atm Im looking at a few different setups...

Im left-handed, so I had a look at the Borden action, but it came to my attention that Pierce engineering has a branch in sweden.
So I got the following offer from Olesen of Olesen Performance systems:

Pierce Short Action Left 6mm XC
Picatinny Rail 10 MOA
Jewell left hand trigger

BDL-Magasine internal 4 cartriges
Stock HS-Precision Pro-Series Left Hand https://www.hsprecision.com/shop2/stocks/psv069.html
Lothar Walther Stainless Steel chamber 6mmXC quality match grade, profile and length free choice.
Ceramic treatment of barrel 125 dollars green/black.

Price: 3200 USD + taxes. Estimated delivery time of system 12-14 weeks.

How does the pierce compare to the borden and surgeon/defiance for all-round hunting in varied weather?

Thank you for replies!

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

I don't think you can go wrong with either one of the actions - both are up there with the top list.

However, if it was up to me the Bolt Actions « Defiance Machine is a pure masterpiece in accuracy and precision engineering and machining ... but that's just my honest and humble opinion.

Good luck and happy safe hunting/shooting. Cheers!

Ed

Interesting, you rate the defiance above the pierce action?
In which way do you find it superior?

Another question: Are jewell actions REALLY optimal in a hunting rifle?
It seems a bit like a pure benchrest with a safety to me... is it durable in gritty conditions?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.