Borden Bigfoot Action

Alex Wheeler

I got in one of these actions about a week ago and have just started to look it over. Jim designed these to handle the 338 lapua/300Norma case head. He did not just put bigger bolt in his standard action which reduces the lug size. This action is a rem 700 footprint but its 1.4" in diameter and has 1 1/8" threads to allow for larger lugs. I timed it to an old Jewell really quick just to see how it ended up and it was right at .250" pin fall with a 25lb measured spring. So overall Im happy with what Im seeing. The rail is pinned and the lug is integral. If your used to Borden actions this is not going to be anything different, its just designed to handle the big cases. This one has the CFE12 box cut. The stock I had ordered for this was before the action design was finalized, so I just got one for a standard Timberline knowing I would just need to open up the inlet slightly for the 1.4" diameter. I opened up the lug area slightly and just set the action in the stock. So you can see current inlets will line up with regards to port and handle locations. You just need to open the inlet diameter slightly.
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (69).jpg
thumbnail.jpg

Just bumping a old thread.
Alex what size barrel tenon do you suggest using on these actions.
Can you get away with a 1.250 barrel or is a 1.350 needed.