Boots for size 14-15

Irish Setter Elk Tracker - heavy tough boot - size 15 and size 16.

Moderate price hiker Propet boots have been really good to me over the years. Size 14-15. Extra Wide

My feet measure 14.5, so usually I wear a 15, or a large fitting 14. I have an average-to-narrowish-side sized foot. & I just went through all this about 3 or 4 months ago. I am "breaking in" kenetrek mtn extremes right now.

Crispi makes 1 model that's a 15, I think it was the Nevada, but I don't remember. I ordered them straight through Crispi and ended up returning them because they were way too roomy in the heel box for me, even with aftermarket thicker soles. Fantastic customer service from them with finding a pair in stock and the return. Length size seemed spot on for a 15.

Hanwag offers 1 model in 15. I haven't tried that one.

Kenetrek offers mtn extreme, and hardscrabble in size 15, both seemed spot on for a 15 in length. I didn't try a 14 in these. These fit best overall out of all I had tried. Minimal break in for me, but I'm a big guy. I'm probably on mile 30 or 40 if we include 18" step ups a couple times a week. Probably closer to 25 trail miles. Sometimes it's difficult to get my heel locked in, & I notice it only when I start doing step ups/steps/very vertical hiking. But these locked my heel in best. Also, I tried both and preferred the mtn extremes more than the hardscrabbles. But both are super nice.

Schnees has at least the Beartooth and granites that are offered 15. I tried the Beartooths & they looked the nicest out of what I tried. I wanted these to work but they were just too tight around my foot, and probably fit length wise like what I imagine a 14.5 would fit like. I spoke with their CS and they said I might have a full profile foot (something like that). Returning them was also very easy. Incredible customer service with these guys as well.

I have a pair Salomon 3d gtx in size 14 that fit like gloves. I would say they fit like a big 14.5, but definitely not 15 in length. I can't wear 2 pairs of socks in those unless they're both thin profile socks. But there is no heel slip in those. They have a little flex and they're a little soft soled compared to the other boots I've mentioned. But the fit is perfection for my foot. The kenetreks allow a little heel slip with me no matter what I do, but it's a tolerable amount.

Also have an older pair of Danner MTN 600s in size 14. I couldn't wear liner socks and thick wool socks in those, but fit length wise with 1 pair of wool socks on. They fit me like they are spot on like what I think a 14.5 would fit like. These feel like outdoor heavy duty basketball shoes compared to the other boots I've tried. Very soft soled and almost cushiony. I don't wear these much anymore. I reach for the Salomons for whatever I would wear these for now.

I really prefer the stiffer profile of the Kenetreks to the softer Salomons, which I didn't think I would. If I could combine the fit of the Salomon to the beefiness of the Kenetreks, my search would be over.

Every pair of feet are different. While I now prefer the stiffer boots, I could easily see how people wouldn't like the stiffness. So it really is best to try a bunch on and walk up some stairs or up and down inclines to be sure they work.

Also, I recommend shopping around at places that offer free returns. Some places cover the return shipping and some don't, but both offer "free returns" so just check each sites policy because shipping costs for boots this big aren't exactly cheap. Especially if you're trying a bunch of different boots to find what you like.

Everyone reading this knows it's frustrating AF trying to find stuff in stock online. Especially when there's <1% chance of finding these in our size at a storefront to try on (unless you live near the manufacturer).

I hope my recent experience with this helps at least some.

Good luck with the search!

I wear Lowa Renegade GTX in size 15. They have fit well for me. I'm a size 14.5, and they are just the right size. Scarpa also makes boots up to size 15, as well as Kennetrek and Lathrop and Sons, if you're looking for more premium boots. Lowa is a good mid-level maker, and Scarpa looks like they have some good quality for the price.
Thank you so much! Looking at Scarpa you are right they go up to 15 which is super nice I'll be checking them out!

I would suggest looking at Zamberlan as well. Places say they run half a size large but in my personal experience it is a full size. I normally wear 12's but in Zams I have to get 11's. Toe box is pretty generous as well. No idea if they make wides tho. Side note - the camo rubber soles wear out VERY quickly. Nice and grippy but for that price more than 100 miles even in desert would be nice….
Super helpful I think a 14 that runs big would be the ticket. Thank you!

Irish Setter Elk Tracker - heavy tough boot - size 15 and size 16.

Moderate price hiker Propet boots have been really good to me over the years. Size 14-15. Extra Wide
Awesome thank you so much! Will definitely check these out. Didn't realize there were so many options for bigger feet.

My feet measure 14.5, so usually I wear a 15, or a large fitting 14. I have an average-to-narrowish-side sized foot. & I just went through all this about 3 or 4 months ago. I am "breaking in" kenetrek mtn extremes right now.

Crispi makes 1 model that's a 15, I think it was the Nevada, but I don't remember. I ordered them straight through Crispi and ended up returning them because they were way too roomy in the heel box for me, even with aftermarket thicker soles. Fantastic customer service from them with finding a pair in stock and the return. Length size seemed spot on for a 15.

Hanwag offers 1 model in 15. I haven't tried that one.

Kenetrek offers mtn extreme, and hardscrabble in size 15, both seemed spot on for a 15 in length. I didn't try a 14 in these. These fit best overall out of all I had tried. Minimal break in for me, but I'm a big guy. I'm probably on mile 30 or 40 if we include 18" step ups a couple times a week. Probably closer to 25 trail miles. Sometimes it's difficult to get my heel locked in, & I notice it only when I start doing step ups/steps/very vertical hiking. But these locked my heel in best. Also, I tried both and preferred the mtn extremes more than the hardscrabbles. But both are super nice.

Schnees has at least the Beartooth and granites that are offered 15. I tried the Beartooths & they looked the nicest out of what I tried. I wanted these to work but they were just too tight around my foot, and probably fit length wise like what I imagine a 14.5 would fit like. I spoke with their CS and they said I might have a full profile foot (something like that). Returning them was also very easy. Incredible customer service with these guys as well.

I have a pair Salomon 3d gtx in size 14 that fit like gloves. I would say they fit like a big 14.5, but definitely not 15 in length. I can't wear 2 pairs of socks in those unless they're both thin profile socks. But there is no heel slip in those. They have a little flex and they're a little soft soled compared to the other boots I've mentioned. But the fit is perfection for my foot. The kenetreks allow a little heel slip with me no matter what I do, but it's a tolerable amount.

Also have an older pair of Danner MTN 600s in size 14. I couldn't wear liner socks and thick wool socks in those, but fit length wise with 1 pair of wool socks on. They fit me like they are spot on like what I think a 14.5 would fit like. These feel like outdoor heavy duty basketball shoes compared to the other boots I've tried. Very soft soled and almost cushiony. I don't wear these much anymore. I reach for the Salomons for whatever I would wear these for now.

I really prefer the stiffer profile of the Kenetreks to the softer Salomons, which I didn't think I would. If I could combine the fit of the Salomon to the beefiness of the Kenetreks, my search would be over.

Every pair of feet are different. While I now prefer the stiffer boots, I could easily see how people wouldn't like the stiffness. So it really is best to try a bunch on and walk up some stairs or up and down inclines to be sure they work.

Also, I recommend shopping around at places that offer free returns. Some places cover the return shipping and some don't, but both offer "free returns" so just check each sites policy because shipping costs for boots this big aren't exactly cheap. Especially if you're trying a bunch of different boots to find what you like.

Everyone reading this knows it's frustrating AF trying to find stuff in stock online. Especially when there's <1% chance of finding these in our size at a storefront to try on (unless you live near the manufacturer).

I hope my recent experience with this helps at least some.

Good luck with the search!
Wow this is amazing info thank you! I will keep this in mind and try to get my hands on a few. It really is a long search but I'm ready to get a pair that fits me well and I can wear liner socks and regular socks too. Thanks again!

I wear a size 16, so harder to find shoes. I do some trail hiking and long distance hiking in Spain, several hundred miles at a time.. Overall, I have a pair of North Face boots, that I prefer. Synthetic, not leather, but they have held the course for 2 years now. Bought off of E-bay used. i have bought way too man6 shoes and boots to risk $$$ on something that may not fit.

WOW GREAT Post.

I thought that I was the only one with problems trying to get a proper fitting boot. I tried many and for my foot the Danner in size fits like a glove and I bought several pairs just to have them in case they change style or model. Yes Danner changed their Pronghorn years ago and I switched to the USMC models for hunting.
A lot of good advice from LRH members to help some of out with size 14 and larger. There is nothing worse than a boot that doesn't fit correctly and spent a small fortune for. Also, if it is for cold weather, if the boot doesn't fit your feet will always be cold.
I have hunted on several continents, hiked the Appalachian Trail, mountaineering on Rannier and Denali (altogether different type boots).
Your feet are the most important part of your body.
Thanks again for a lot of suggestions for all the BIG FOOTS out there.

For all of you odd sized and XXXL feet out there you may want to consider Lathrop and Sons. I believe they will make **** near any size and also have a full custom program which is rare for a mountain hunting boot:

Interesting. Generally looking of for EEE widths in a 13. I have gotten a set of Danner boots in EE wide. They seem to be ok, but would rater get them in EEE. I just gave away 6 pairs that didn't work that are claiming Wide. I have added these notes to my list of items to look at. Thanks.