Bolt stick

My guess is you're running too hot. I would bet that you will find your primer pockets are getting loose already also. Are you seeing any ejector marks on the brass?

What action? primary extraction issues on lots of Rem700's. Why it's showing it's head now and not before is another thing in itself.

Reread QuietTexan & MagnumManiac's post again. They are spot on.
I went through a similar issue with a tight chambered 6.5-284 Norma. Had to drop down to a lower accuracy node when using resized brass, which was like 4 gr., otherwise I had extraction issues. Don't make the mistake I did, which was oversize the brass because you'll get a case head separation.

Some body asked if it's a Redding full length sizing die yes it is. Another asked on action it's a sako action. Another asked about other pressure signs. No I have not noticed any and primers are tight. I rechambered a round after collecting it up with a sharpie. It. Shows where it is grabbing just 3/8 inch up from base and about 3/8" wide

Here is the bullet I marked and re chambered

Attachments

• C328C507-B488-4AFC-8489-3C5A63A81E7B.jpeg
    C328C507-B488-4AFC-8489-3C5A63A81E7B.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 77
Some body asked if it's a Redding full length sizing die yes it is. Another asked on action it's a sako action. Another asked about other pressure signs. No I have not noticed any and primers are tight. I rechambered a round after collecting it up with a sharpie. It. Shows where it is grabbing just 3/8 inch up from base and about 3/8" wide
I would resize one and then mark it with a sharpie, chamber it, and see if the marks are still there.

It may be the brass has expanded just above the thickening portion nearing the case head. This looks to me like your first firing was way over pressure.
How confident are you that you're not getting into the lands?
Between your starting load and distance to lands you may be very near a failure.
I'd recommend starting from scratch. Verify COAL with the brass and bullet you are using. Verify your starting load data, with consideration for primer variances as well. Starting lower may burn a little bit more in components, but will make finding an accuracy node, and watching for pressure signs easier than starting hot and trying to stumble across a good load.
Are you able to chronograph your loads during development?

Definitely not in the lands I have measured and set that I believe 30 thousandths off. Have not run them over a crono usually do that after I have found a load

Ok. So I have a sue that is there sometimes and not others. I am loading 28 nosler with 155 hh. Using retumbo powder. I had hard bolt retract not lift at 86 gr. Using new adg brass. I cleaned tumbled full length sized the brass and ram it again at 84 and 84.5 grain. Had hard extract on all of them. This is through a fierce carbon fury. Has anybody else run into this with this rifle or with the brass. I think I have a problem but haven't narrowed it down to brass ,chamber, or possibly resizing die it's a Redding. Any body else have some thoughts on this?
4.5 gr over nosler max for a 160 gr

1664715993487.png

I ran it again this morning. Started at 79 grains retumbo no problem. Went to 80 grains no problem. Went to 81 slight stick and 82 heavy stick. Why am I hitting pressure quicker than others. Some guys are reporting 85-86 grains.

Every rifle is different. Not sure where you heard people running 85-86 grains of Retumbo. My rifle shoots well at 82.5 but the ADG brass only lasts for a couple reloads so it is pretty hot. If I was running what you are it would be one load and done on the brass.

My experience is Peterson takes more abuse but ADG is better than the other couple options. I am sure others will disagree but that's what I have found. The problem is getting Peterson. They didn't respond to me when I emailed them a couple weeks ago to see when they will do a run of 28 Nosler. I would love to find some but I have had no luck. That's a hint if anyone has some they want to sell.