BOG POD death grip tripod?

Can't help with that one in particular but Midway is currently running a very good sale on several other BOG shooting stiks.

Death grip is pretty accurate. I got the aluminum model and it's not backpacking light for sure but it'll hold about any rifle no kidding snug and steady. Tested mine with a new Stoeger M3500 Liberty 18.5" semi auto running 8 pellet 00 buck and I ran 7 rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger and it held fast the entire time.

Adjustability is great and it has a built-in bubble level. I love mine and it will be in every blind I'm in this fall and winter.

I love mine (aluminum version)! Use it for sniping groundhogs/coyotes and even ran my crossbow in it last season (from a blind) and took a deer using it. It's been one of my better investments. Can't go wrong with either the carbon or aluminum version.

I have the carbon version, got it on a pretty good sale. Carbon doesn't really save you any weight, still super heavy. Not for long hikes or backpacking. It's built like a tank though!

I have the carbon fiber model. I've found it most steady at lower leg settings. A height appropriate for sitting on the ground. A high leg setting, used while standing, is just too wobbly for me with high magnification.

What is the intended use?

A buddy has one, aluminum, we use it to practice up for PRS and for fun. Shooting out to 1100 yards. Holds every LR rifle I have seen put in it. Might get looks from some at the matches but for the money and my ability to break things... I will buy one to use when he and I are not running together. I won't buy a more expensive one because the Bog Death Grip is perfect FOR WHAT WE DO.

Now, packing it up mountains? I don't know... probably because that is what I will likely have.

For holding a light rifle steady while sitting at ranges up to 300 - take two dowels and wrap and twist an O-ring around them. Light and sturdy based on the diameter of the dowels. Paint them with some black and dark color and voila! I have a tripod, but have a hard time keeping the rear of the heavy rifle steady in them - any pointers would be appreciated!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.