Bog Pod Death Grip inconsistencies.

TimeOnTarget

I have 2 big pod death grips. The aluminum one is great but the carbon one is not as steady and I had caulked it up to the legs not being as rigid as the aluminum one.

Today when I was trying to figure out why I realized the leg angle/foot print isn't even close between the two. The aluminum one has much less angle on the legs making it more steady as the legs flex less. Has anyone else seen such a thing? What can be done to remedy this?

Before anyone asks, yea they are both set on 20 angle.

7C29416D-5C62-450F-B7C5-859DC3A7181D.jpeg3C61AF26-9401-4D06-8661-23D41F5A9AF9.jpeg

If the mounting plate that the legs are attached to are different sizes, you will experience a different angle of the legs, both will be 20 Degrees but at what point of measurement. also goes for size of legs on tripod, overall leangth ext. A heavy base is more stable than a lighter one, that's a basic form of physics. If you mount a hook to the bottom of your carbon tripod to hang a pack off of, it will become more stable (adding weight to your base) Same with tripods that run a spotting scope. Welcome to trying to find a happy medium between weight and shoot ability. A heavy rifle is inherently more accurate than a light rifle, same goes for your rest. Happy shooting