Bobby Hart LRT, Long action stock?

I have a short action left hand one of these that I pillar bedded and widened out the barrel channel. It houses a r700 action clone (Pierce) and a heavy barrel chambered in 6mm Dasher. I shoot it off a bipod on a bench to shoot pop cans and balloons long range. Mine is not a hunting setup, and I don't know how it would handle as one. I do like the stock.

I have two of those stocks and for the money you cannot beat them. The last one was $201 shipped, clear coated, recoil pad, 3 sling studs etc. I like pillar bedding so did not get the bedding block model.

One is on a 6.5x47 tactical style for steel target matches and the other has just been bedded for my 1kBR light gun 300 WSM for LR hunting and steel matches.

IMO best buy on the market now on stocks.

I have two of those stocks and for the money you cannot beat them. The last one was $201 shipped, clear coated, recoil pad, 3 sling studs etc. I like pillar bedding so did not get the bedding block model.

One is on a 6.5x47 tactical style for steel target matches and the other has just been bedded for my 1kBR light gun 300 WSM for LR hunting and steel matches.

IMO best buy on the market now on stocks.

After getting mine in finally...I tend to agree.

This is a 338 Ultra mag on a Bobby Hart LRT stock that I built for a friend of mine in Montana.
The 2nd. pic is of my 338 Ultra mag on a Bobby Hart LRT stock that I added some spacers to increase the LOP.
Both stocks have pillars added and are bedded using Devcon Steel putty.
Tarey

Attachments

• 100_1790.jpg
    100_1790.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_1793.jpg
    100_1793.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 117
The rifle with the brown Bobby Hart LRT stock is my 308 I built for F T/R class and just punchin paper.
The rifle in the backround is a 6.5 WSM I built using a Hart LRT stock.
Both of these are pillar bedded using Devcon also.
I guess you can say I like these stocks, just don't waste the money on the aluminum bedding block ones, spend the money on some Devcon and bed them yourself.
The fit and finish on these stocks is 99 out of 100 and a good deal for the money if you like a wood stock over the synthetics.
Tarey

Attachments

• 308 krieger 007.jpg
    308 krieger 007.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 59
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.