Savage long action centerfeed stock

RBlevins

Does anyone know where I can fid a savage long action 110 centerfeed(5.0625 action screw spacing) stock, that uses the fixed blind mag other than boyds that is not a "Tactical" style? I'm looking for the more classic shape/style. I think Ill go with a Boyds Prairie hunter but wondering what else is out there and haven't had much luck finding anything

Stocky's Stocks has some choices for sporter and heavy barrel for you specs. A Classic Sporter if you have a sporter barrel.

Hogue makes a few options for that action, I was just in the hunt for the same thing, and ended up buying the version with the full bedding block, haggled it down from a seller on Ebay. So far I've ran 50 test loads on it and it beats my shoulder far less than the factory plastic, comb is slightly lower.

The gold standard was always the B&C Duramaxx stock that got discontinued. You can still find them every once in a while.

You'll have to hold the centerfeed mag box in the stock some how. I've used lots of different methods but none of them are perfect. Plumbers putty works pretty well if you use it to fill in the mag well so the mag box is held in nice and snug.

Not at all, mine has the magazine well attached to the action, it fit perfectly into the hogue and functions just like it did in the factory stock.

You have an older staggered feed action. The magazine on a centerfeed action needs to be attached to either the bottom metal or the stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.