Stock for savage target action

crusier_32

Hello, I am bought a savage single shot target action awhile ago, and decided maybe I should get to work putting it together.

The problem that I am seeing is that there is not too many stocks inletted for this action. I called Stockade about one of there from the mould stocks, and he said he was 14 or 15 weeks out to get me one. Which I was hoping to find something a little sooner then that. I know that is the lead time for allot of stock makers also though. I don't really want to spend $500 dollars on one very bad either.

I really like the looks and the prices of Bell and Carlson tactical stocks but it does not appear that this is an action that they inleted for. I would prefer fiberglass, but a laminate might work also. Does anyone have any advice on where to find one to get this project of the ground at?

Thanks,
Will

You can use a standard short action stock and just use two action screws, or you can make a new hole for the other action screw.

crusier,

Get ahold of Joel Russo(member here) he makes one hell of a nice laminated stock. I know he can inlet for the Savage F/TR action RB/RP because I sent him mine to write the program for it.

Depending on what style stock you're looking for he may be able to hook you up with something in your price range. Plus you can pick about any color combo your little heart desires.

Chris

Thanks for the info guys, I think I am going to go with the B and C stock. I got a p.m from cowboy saying that I could make it work with some mod's. It sounds like I will have to fill one hole and re drill one plus fill the magazine well which I think I am capable of.

I will get some pics up as soon as I get this thing together.

Will

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.