Blood trailing in Coyote country

I have a friend who traps them and walks up and shoots them in the head with a 22
My Grandpa just used to hit em in the head with a hammer. He carried two in case the first one missed. Not so with Bobcats. Nope. One of them gets out the trap you may become a bloody mess. Probably the worst critter to walk up on is a Badger. They just want to fight.

Here's a couple.

Attachments

• E5DC4CAB-4DD8-4AA8-B444-04D905FEBB59.jpeg
    E5DC4CAB-4DD8-4AA8-B444-04D905FEBB59.jpeg
    587.2 KB · Views: 48
  • EBC30B3C-651B-4896-A799-B3365647D7AC.jpeg
    EBC30B3C-651B-4896-A799-B3365647D7AC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
We tell our hunters to stay in sight of their blind when going after deer or hogs that they have shot. We do it for a couple reasons; so they don't get lost and two so they don't walk into another hunters area. Several weeks back we had a gentleman and his son shoot a nice 8-point with a 270 Win. The deer ran out of their sight and they followed the rules. They marked blood at the sight of the hit, trailed the buck about 150yds, and stopped when they lost sight of their blind. They then got on the cell phone and called for help.
We called in a neighbor with a tracking dog who arrived in 20mins and we were on the blood trail about an hour later. We left the dog in the truck so not to ruin the dog putting him on a deer that was alive and running and the blood trail was easy to follow.
The buck had lay down another 50yds away but after the man and his son walked back to the blind, the coyotes jumped him up and ran him to death another 100 or so yards down into the ravine. They gutted him, ate both hams, liver, and part of the back strap before we could recover him.
I've never seen them get on a deer so fast you can see in the pictures that the hunter made a great shot.
If you have hungry coyotes, get on the trail fast and stay on it.
Off season predator hunts are in order Or we won't have fawns next year.

COYOTES EATING YOUR KILL
Well I remember it like yesterday.
One thing is that if you ever had a coyote attack on your live stock or pet animals you won't forget.
I was Bow Hunting one night on our back property and shot an 8 point. It was just before dark so stayed in the stand for another ½ hour before getting down. After I shot him I heard him running in a North position. I knew that it was a good shot and saw the LumaNok light from the arrow knok in the Buck running in the woods. I climbed out of the tree stand and started looking for a blood trail. Could not find anything.
I went back to the house and laid down for an hour and the anticipation got the best of me. I went back out and started doing a "Circle Search" with lights and Peroxide Spray.
I found a part of a Fletch from the arrow about 10 yards from when I shot him. Kept looking and then found large light red blood with bubbles. Double lung shot and he was coughing up blood.
Another 30 yards and I came to a logging road with a berm. After I was crossing the road berm my light shown on what looked to be a DEER. All of a sudden, I was faced with two of the meanest Coyotes growling and snarling at me. I SCREAMED like the highest pitched little girl. Thought I was done for and the coyotes were going to do me in.
Well those mean bastards took off with hearing my screams. I ran back to the house and grabbed Jill's S&W Model 19 .357 mag and went back out with Edward (or dog). I usually carry a pistol when hunting, but didn't when trying to recover a downed Buck since it was on our back property. My BIG MISTAKE.
When I got back to my 8 Point Buck it was eaten from the back hooves to the front shoulders. Within about an hours time there was a pack of Coyotes that smelled the blood from the buck and devoured 3/4s of that deer. There had to be at least 6 or more maybe 8 to eat that much meat, organs, intestines.
I cut the head off and that is all I got from this hunt.
Just a reminder to always carry a firearm with you. Had another experience where wild dogs came up on me after I gutted another buck.
Have a bunch of stories Coyotes killing and eating family pets (Dogs & Cats) along with killing and eating new born Fawns & Does.
When Predator numbers more than nature intended they need to be contained.
Kill all the Coyotes you see!!!!

Attachments

• Coyote Buck.JPG
    Coyote Buck.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 36
COYOTES EATING YOUR KILL
Well I remember it like yesterday.
One thing is that if you ever had a coyote attack on your live stock or pet animals you won't forget.
I was Bow Hunting one night on our back property and shot an 8 point. It was just before dark so stayed in the stand for another ½ hour before getting down. After I shot him I heard him running in a North position. I knew that it was a good shot and saw the LumaNok light from the arrow knok in the Buck running in the woods. I climbed out of the tree stand and started looking for a blood trail. Could not find anything.
I went back to the house and laid down for an hour and the anticipation got the best of me. I went back out and started doing a "Circle Search" with lights and Peroxide Spray.
I found a part of a Fletch from the arrow about 10 yards from when I shot him. Kept looking and then found large light red blood with bubbles. Double lung shot and he was coughing up blood.
Another 30 yards and I came to a logging road with a berm. After I was crossing the road berm my light shown on what looked to be a DEER. All of a sudden, I was faced with two of the meanest Coyotes growling and snarling at me. I SCREAMED like the highest pitched little girl. Thought I was done for and the coyotes were going to do me in.
Well those mean bastards took off with hearing my screams. I ran back to the house and grabbed Jill's S&W Model 19 .357 mag and went back out with Edward (or dog). I usually carry a pistol when hunting, but didn't when trying to recover a downed Buck since it was on our back property. My BIG MISTAKE.
When I got back to my 8 Point Buck it was eaten from the back hooves to the front shoulders. Within about an hours time there was a pack of Coyotes that smelled the blood from the buck and devoured 3/4s of that deer. There had to be at least 6 or more maybe 8 to eat that much meat, organs, intestines.
I cut the head off and that is all I got from this hunt.
Just a reminder to always carry a firearm with you. Had another experience where wild dogs came up on me after I gutted another buck.
Have a bunch of stories Coyotes killing and eating family pets (Dogs & Cats) along with killing and eating new born Fawns & Does.
When Predator numbers more than nature intended they need to be contained.
Kill all the Coyotes you see!!!!
Yeah, I've got one of those also. Didn't put a great shot on him he was chasing a doe across a bean field. Didn't recover until next morning.

Attachments

• 4508.jpg
    4508.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 44
Years ago we were hunting Vandenberg AFB bow season which runs thru the month of July and it can be HOT. My buddy made shot at last light and the buck took off into some 3' high brush and tumble weeds, we marked the spot because we had to meet some guys at the front gate and were back in ~2 hours. I jumped a giant boar in thick brush(thought it was a bear at first) on the carcass who had eaten pretty much everything except the skin on the ground. The skull looked like a Euro mount with no hair and missing the lower jaw, tongue, etc.