6.5 Sherman First Blood

waspocrew

Tagged out on a nice Wyoming buck on the opener and couldn't be happier. I had watched this buck a few nights prior and thought he looked good enough to deserve my tag. Found him again on opening morning and let the 6.5 Sherman bark at 375 yards. 140 gr VLD at 3167 did the trick and he was down in no time! Best buck to date and already looking forward to next season!
deer2.PNG

buck2.jpg

buck3.jpg

Nice buck, congratulations!

I'm interested in those Sherman cartridges, especially the 6.5. Is there someplace else on the web I can do more research?

Nice buck, congratulations!

I'm interested in those Sherman cartridges, especially the 6.5. Is there someplace else on the web I can do more research?

Thanks!

PM Rich Sherman, aka "elkaholic" on this site. He's a great guy to deal with! Also, if you do some searches on this site, you'll find a number of threads where members have discussed Sherman load data, performance, etc.

Rich will be the best source of information and has a reamer available to rent, and provides high quality Whidden dies as well. The 6.5 Sherman is incredibly easy to load for and I've been pleased with it's performance. The 140 VLD smoked my buck at 375, my brother-in-law's buck at 460, and my cow elk at 583. It's a heck of a round!

Yeah, I did a search right after I sent that post and read for about an hour. Good stuff. I have been wanting to build a 6.5-06AI for the longest but think the Sherman would be the better route. I have a 6.5-284Norma and it's awesome, I can only imagine more of a good thing. Thanks for the reply brother. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.