Bipod

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Mcarso1, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Mcarso1

Mcarso1 Well-Known Member

Looking for a good all around bipod for my ridgeline, 6.5x284. This is my first long range gun and never had a bipod on any others so pretty inexperienced so all good advice appreciated. Cost is not an issue as long as I am getting my money worth. Lol

2. JIsbell40

JIsbell40 Member

I have had great luck with all my Harris bipods. On a bench I like the 6-9" but for field use I always take a 9-13".

3. livetohunt

livetohunt Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Atlas, and look at the review that Andy Backus just did on them on the long range hunting YouTube channel

4. The Oregonian

The Oregonian Well-Known Member

Check out the extreme pod by rugged ridge. I have one, as well as the leg extensions, and like it quite a bit.

5. brentc

brentc Well-Known Member

For your rifle I'd look hard at the Spartan Javelin. It's a pretty sweet setup. I've also used and like the evolution bipod and the first generation atlas.

6. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

A little dependent on how you will use it. Sinclair has some good ones-their F-class works well.

I just bought the Modular Evolutions, haven't used it yet, but it's impressive to handle, very solid.

7. Idaho5r

Idaho5r Well-Known Member

Many options out there these days . Just a "heads-up" IF you decide on a Harris, just make sure you get the swivel model. All my Harris' are swivel models, with the "Pod-Loc" feature. Idaho-5R

ShtrRdy likes this.
  8. Backcountry_IDN

Backcountry_IDN Well-Known Member

Definitely depends on your budget. When I was new to the game, I went with some cheap bipod. I think it were a firefield (I know...LOL).

I would love an atlas or Javelin. But, I just cant afford it unfortunately. I use Harris. They are nice and durable...But heavy. If you have the money, step it to the atlas. If you are like me go harris.

9. BJH

BJH Well-Known Member

I have used different Harris bipod for years without issue. They seem to be great for the price. I just finished up a new rifle build and spared no expense so I figured I would do the same with a bipod for it. After months of research I started to notice that everything is compared to Atlas (kind of like buying binoculars and everything is trying to catch Swarovski). So I ordered the Atlas and just received it this week. Seems pretty impressive to this point. Have not had a chance to use it yet though.

10. wolffman

wolffman Well-Known Member

For hunting evolution bipod for sure. For prs or run and gun atlas.

HARPERC likes this.