Bipod

Mcarso1

Looking for a good all around bipod for my ridgeline, 6.5x284. This is my first long range gun and never had a bipod on any others so pretty inexperienced so all good advice appreciated. Cost is not an issue as long as I am getting my money worth. Lol

Looking for a good all around bipod for my ridgeline, 6.5x284. This is my first long range gun and never had a bipod on any others so pretty inexperienced so all good advice appreciated. Cost is not an issue as long as I am getting my money worth. Lol
I have had great luck with all my Harris bipods. On a bench I like the 6-9" but for field use I always take a 9-13".

Atlas, and look at the review that Andy Backus just did on them on the long range hunting YouTube channel

For your rifle I'd look hard at the Spartan Javelin. It's a pretty sweet setup. I've also used and like the evolution bipod and the first generation atlas.

A little dependent on how you will use it. Sinclair has some good ones-their F-class works well.

I just bought the Modular Evolutions, haven't used it yet, but it's impressive to handle, very solid.

Many options out there these days . Just a "heads-up" IF you decide on a Harris, just make sure you get the swivel model. All my Harris' are swivel models, with the "Pod-Loc" feature. Idaho-5R

Definitely depends on your budget. When I was new to the game, I went with some cheap bipod. I think it were a firefield (I know...LOL).

I would love an atlas or Javelin. But, I just cant afford it unfortunately. I use Harris. They are nice and durable...But heavy. If you have the money, step it to the atlas. If you are like me go harris.

I have used different Harris bipod for years without issue. They seem to be great for the price. I just finished up a new rifle build and spared no expense so I figured I would do the same with a bipod for it. After months of research I started to notice that everything is compared to Atlas (kind of like buying binoculars and everything is trying to catch Swarovski). So I ordered the Atlas and just received it this week. Seems pretty impressive to this point. Have not had a chance to use it yet though.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.