Bipod with sling prone

Emails have been sent to IdahoCTD and multiple others, I am guessing most will respond tomorrow.

Leaning towards Jp Eliminator due to testing I have read. It stays on target very well. Just some type of ear protection will be needed for hunting.

Hopefully, they'll respond to you with good news soon. Like I previously noted, they work just not my personal preference. I have the JP Enterprise Beenie Cooley MB on my .270 AI with a 30" Lilja barrel and it's very effective.

[ame]https://youtu.be/LeIUjDC1zdg?t=1[/ame]

Not sure if you've seen this ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/ALWIeyyNcxo?t=259[/ame]

Just me but I'd pick the threaded Witt Machine MB over the JP Eliminator.

Good luck and happy safe shooting/hunting.

Went with JEC customs. After talking to a few, seems like a excellent brake and he will have it thread for me and should not be too bad of a wait.

I feel that I like the JP eliminator but in the end would grow to hate the way it looks.

Jerry's "Assassin MB" is badazz and should serve you well.

JEC CUSTOMS is different then JE customs.

went with this in Black

AR Compensator

Have read mixed reviews on delivery but good reviews on brake. He said that he would have it done Thursday then plated and probably shipped next tuesday. If I get it in 2 to 3 weeks I will be happy.

It is review as well as many other brakes in this article: Muzzle Brake: Summary of Field Test Results - PrecisionRifleBlog.com

I would have liked to see stay on target results for other calibers but it is free data. Not sure 7mm magnum with 28" will show the same results as the 6mm he was shooting

I'm not sure if this is relevant your situation but I experienced a similar effect with my groups shooting prone with an Atlas that I had mounted on my 300WM. My standard rifle hold with all my rifles is to apply forward pressure to the bipod, moderate(5-10#) rearward pull on the grip, and a very light cheek weld. Prior to mounting the Atlas I had been using a Harris bipod an all my LR rigs including the 300WM mentioned above. With the Harrus I had no issue replicating accuracy of .5MOA irrespective of shooting position with the exception of a very repeatable elevation adjustment of +.25MOA when moving from an upright(bench or sitting), to a prone position. This was consistent with all my LR rifles. When I changed the 300WM back to my Harris, my previous accuracy was restored. Because this seemed strange, I decided to try the Atlas on my 6.5x284 which I had been shooting for a few years with a 9-13" Harris. Same effect as seen on my 300WM. The only thing that I could surmise was that the "play"in the legs of the Atlas compared to the more rigid design of the Harris might have been introducing some form of barrel movement.....but I'm not sure. In any case, I decided that I wasn't going to modify my well established shooting style, and just decided stick with the Harris.

That is VERY interesting. I have both Harris and Atlas and I will try to compare the two this weekend. Thanks for the tip.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.