Bipod question

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by LexRick, Aug 16, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Great minds think alike. If we could push the North Pole in to Russia Alaska would be my go to die home.

2. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

There's no need to and besides I've got a bad back. There's is more land mass in Alaska then you'll ever need to explore just where it is. Stay well my friend and who knows, maybe we will get to jaw over a few beers one day... Adios...

3. JCow14

JCow14 Active Member

Guess i don't see many Atlas bi pods because they are already packed up by the time we finish the match. Just kidding! I have never owned one but know some that shoot right next to me that love them! A true personal preference.

4. brettman

brettman Member

Harris are quicker to set up but I love the solid feel and the quality machining of the atlas. That being said I have 4 sets of Harris, 2 of which are the 3 piece legs that go up to 27", all have been heavily used and the taller sets have been thoroughly abused. I like to use a low chair with a backrest and lean into them pretty good with my pack in my lap to get above the tall grass when I hike into dog towns. Turned 2 sets of Harris type Caldwell's and a set of stoney points into scrap doing that. The originals have never given me an issue.

Bill Cauley Jr likes this.
  5. Bill Cauley Jr

Bill Cauley Jr Well-Known Member