Bipod info needed

Harris all the way. The best warranty and honor of the warranty. I just put them on swivel stud and have for probably 25+ We run the 13-23 and some the three stage. Think it's 25" for hunting

One buddy bought an atlas a couple years ago and hates it. Says it's worthless for hunting. Another just spent an insane amount for an atlas too. I tried it and only place I would use it is on a bench. Why drop 100's when a Harris for 70 will do everything the same or better is my experience.

Depends on what shooting you want to do . You might want to provide sentence or 3 of information.

But in order of preference for my shooting needs it's.

1. Atlas- solid as a rock and smooth. Multiple feet options.
2. GG&G HD- solid as a rock
3. Harris- a little too flex for me and the ability to secure it down tight is to be desired. Might be better if it wasn't attached to the swivel and went rail attached.

Last edited:
3. Harris- a little too flex for me and the ability to secure it down tight is to be desired. Might be better if it wasn't attached to the swivel and went rail attached.
Not arguing just looking for info. as it helps me. Flex how, legs, mount, ?? Harris has rail adapters. I have some back top corners dinged from recoiling into the front rest never broke a stud. Been using them for probably 25 years. I have only been using muzzle brakes about 5-6 years.
I have sheared off bare studs hitting the front rest with my 300RUM.

Harris all the way. The best warranty and honor of the warranty. I just put them on swivel stud and have for probably 25+ We run the 13-23 and some the three stage. Think it's 25" for hunting

One buddy bought an atlas a couple years ago and hates it. Says it's worthless for hunting. Another just spent an insane amount for an atlas too. I tried it and only place I would use it is on a bench. Why drop 100's when a Harris for 70 will do everything the same or better is my experience.
I agree with Reelamin had mine 20yrs + 3 different sizes never let me down,although the 3 section 13.5-27 has bit me twice drawing blood lots of it

Looking to buy a bipod. Not wanting to spend 300$. Any reccomendations. This is to go on a sling stud. Or should i get a picatinny rail adapter? What does everyone do these days.
Mostly off a bench or prone
Harris for quality on a budget. Atlas can be had for under 300, your will need a pic rail or arca rail, on your rifle. Target-fun shooting or? How heavy is your set-up? If your bench/prone positions are very hard surfaces the hard rubber feet on the Harris will "walk/chatter" under recoil and affect your groups negatively. There may be some soft rubber feet options out there for them. For hunting I use Harris S25 and Hatch. Target/Comp/Rock Chucks or any other vermin that I have time to set up prone or bench.- Atlas.

PH

When I preload the bipod , the Harris just flex's more than the others. Might be the thinness of the legs, or the design. I'm not sure. It's bouncy and walks.

I only have the stud attached models I use in the field . I did buy the optional lockup for swivel and that's nice to have. But I find the stud attachment knurled nut comes loose after a while.

When I want to shoot for precision, the Atlas is on the rig.

If your bipod is bouncing then you're not preloading it. It should not "jump." You should have it move you straight back and the flex is good for recoil mgmt.

Body position is key when shooting off a bipod at a bench or prone when on a hard surface. Be straight behind the rifle and not to the side. Most ranges have terrible bench designs so you are to the left or right of your rifle... which causes rifle Jump. I actually sit behind the rifle when I'm forced to use a range with their 1960's bench design.

Line up behind the bipod. Harris has almost no flex compared to an Atlas or evolution. Loading the bipod eliminates all the flex and slack from any bipod , tripod etc... so proper loading eliminates all the flex concerns. Using a swivel mount, Arca, Picatinny, Hog/Pig saddle, etc doesn't matter, they all need to be loaded to take up the slack or flex.

Fire and your Natural POA should get you right back on target to spot your hits. If you can't spot your hits and are searching for the target after each shot. Body mechanics and proper loading wasn't done.

When I preload the bipod , the Harris just flex's more than the others. Might be the thinness of the legs, or the design. I'm not sure. It's bouncy and walks.

I only have the stud attached models I use in the field . I did buy the optional lockup for swivel and that's nice to have. But I find the stud attachment knurled nut comes loose after a while.

I don't put that much effort into it. Pull them down and go to work. Yes I intended that. On bench just shoot. Hunting just pull them down while moving to sit or prone.

Hunting I'm usually done with my work standing back up wiping off the dirt mud snow and saying I'm done while you were fn around finding the hole.

I have a tall Harris. There's an aftermarket knob for tightening the lock nut that really improved use. It tilts too which is important for hunting. I put a LaRue quick release on it for picatinny attachment. For coyotes I don't shoot prone very much mostly sitting shots so the shorter bipods wouldn't work.

Iput PTFE tape on the thread and it hasnt come loose yet

I really hate hanging a rat trap on any serious rifle, but they are cheap!
I like the carbon fiber Modular Evolution bipod with interchangeable legs, they even stack for more length and are light.
Dude.....rat trap is nice. I have every cheap piece of first day fresh irrigated pasture cow flop on many guns.