bino problem

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Rob M, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Rob M

Rob M Member

Hi first post here, so be gentle:)
    I have recently purchased some Swaro SLC hds 8x42s...great glass, makes the world look a better place.
    I did however really want range finder binos, but just couldn't come at eating dog food for a month, in order to buy them.
    but of course three weeks after buying the Swaros, i have found a pair of Zeiss rang finders binos, for not much more than I had already paid.
    My question is, will I be disappointed with the Zeiss victory's 8x44 RFs compered to the SLC HDs....
    many thanks

Rob.

2. TXshooter

TXshooter Well-Known Member

While Zeus are good I don't think they are as good a the Swarovski. They may appear close in full daylight however in early morning, late evening, or heavy fog there is a difference in my opinion.

3. MHO

MHO Well-Known Member

Rob,
    I own the Zeiss victory, I do not own the swaro but have looked threw my friends. IMO you will be disappointed. I just think the glass is superior in the swaro. I guess the question is are you willing to give up better glass to have the RF. Hope it helps.

4. Rob M

Rob M Member

Thanks for the replies, just wasn't sure if I'd look through the victorys a regret the change.

5. yobuck

yobuck Well-Known Member

My biggest concern would be the rangefinder. $3000 + would be alot of coins for a
    good set of glasses. If you pm me i will aim you at some people who own the swaro
    combos. I also own a swaro rangefinder and id reccomend you buy a Leica or maybe
    a new Bushnell.

6. Rob M

Rob M Member

Thanks for the replies, I've just bought a pair of swarovski el's 10x50s, obviously no range finder, but the quality of the image can't be ignored...stunning.
    So now a separate range finder unit.
    Which unit do people recommend..value for money?
    Thanks..
    Rob.

7. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Belated welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Leica 1600-B! Simply the best for under $800. gun)
    ... and you won't be disappointed. lightbulb

ADDED: >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f40/fs-leica-1600-b-137540/#post966779

8. Rob M

Rob M Member

Thanks, I will have to keep an eye out for the leicas.