bino problem

Rob M

Hi first post here, so be gentle:)
I have recently purchased some Swaro SLC hds 8x42s...great glass, makes the world look a better place.
I did however really want range finder binos, but just couldn't come at eating dog food for a month, in order to buy them.
but of course three weeks after buying the Swaros, i have found a pair of Zeiss rang finders binos, for not much more than I had already paid.
My question is, will I be disappointed with the Zeiss victory's 8x44 RFs compered to the SLC HDs....
many thanks

Rob.

While Zeus are good I don't think they are as good a the Swarovski. They may appear close in full daylight however in early morning, late evening, or heavy fog there is a difference in my opinion.

Rob,
I own the Zeiss victory, I do not own the swaro but have looked threw my friends. IMO you will be disappointed. I just think the glass is superior in the swaro. I guess the question is are you willing to give up better glass to have the RF. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the replies, just wasn't sure if I'd look through the victorys a regret the change.

My biggest concern would be the rangefinder. $3000 + would be alot of coins for a
good set of glasses. If you pm me i will aim you at some people who own the swaro
combos. I also own a swaro rangefinder and id reccomend you buy a Leica or maybe
a new Bushnell.

Thanks for the replies, I've just bought a pair of swarovski el's 10x50s, obviously no range finder, but the quality of the image can't be ignored...stunning.
So now a separate range finder unit.
Which unit do people recommend..value for money?
Thanks..
Rob.

Thanks for the replies, I've just bought a pair of swarovski el's 10x50s, obviously no range finder, but the quality of the image can't be ignored...stunning.
So now a separate range finder unit.
Which unit do people recommend..value for money?

Thanks..
Rob.

Belated welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Leica 1600-B! Simply the best for under $800. gun)
... and you won't be disappointed. lightbulb

ADDED: >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f40/fs-leica-1600-b-137540/#post966779

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.