Bino and Spotting scope help

BThomsen

I do not have a good set of binos and I do not have a spotting scope. I hunt out west usually Southwest Montana. I am trying to decide on getting the vortex viper hd 10x42 binos and the viper hd spotting scope or ditch the spotting scope and jump up to razor hd 10x42 bino's and get a spotting scope in a couple years. Is a spotting scope worth downgrading to a lower tier to get both binos and a spotting scope?

I do not have a good set of binos and I do not have a spotting scope. I hunt out west usually Southwest Montana. I am trying to decide on getting the vortex viper hd 10x42 binos and the viper hd spotting scope or ditch the spotting scope and jump up to razor hd 10x42 bino's and get a spotting scope in a couple years. Is a spotting scope worth downgrading to a lower tier to get both binos and a spotting scope?

Simple answer is no..

I'd also recomend getting a better pair of glasses than the razors or vipers. Look for some used alphas..

Please remember the advise you get is free and I'm probably all washed up. But my 2 cents worth is I would consider a cheaper pair of binos than a cheaper spotting scope. If I felt I needed both. My son has a pair of the viper hd in the 10x50 and they do seem to be a fairly nice glass. Or at least they do to me. But in a spotting scope I'd want the very best I could afford. To me when you get up in that 40, 50, 60 power poorer glass just doesn't cut it. If it was me I'd probably opt for purchasing the best set of binos I felt I could afford. Then save for a good spotting scope. Good luck

May want to give our Torics a look. You don't need to spend Alpha level money to get premium optics anymore. The TRACT Toric surpasses the Razor and can rival the SLC in some attributes...but were 1/3 the price of the SLC and half the price of the Razor. TRACT is a direct to consumer manufacturer, so you don't have those added margins.

Too many years on the buying end of retail seeing the margins being made. You'll be able to put that saved money into another part of your hunt.

Feel free to send me a message, but you can pull up some good reviews on a few of the forums.

Here's what I would do if I were you. Try to get a good deal on used viper bino's and spotting scope. They are great glass for the money ,and if you get them used you will save a bit of money and when you want to upgrade you will not lose much money when you sell.
Then for not much money you can try them out on a hunting trip see what you like and don't like about them then upgrade.
Maybe a 8x42 bin would work nicer in MN so a better spotter would make more sense for out west to make up for the lower power bino's?
Everyones eyes are different so glass that is great for me may not be great for you and everyones style of hunting are a little different so how I use my bino's and spotting scope are different then how you would so our needs are different.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.