Bill and Lerch, V.H.A. club awards.

GG,

Hope to get more field time this year but the work load is looking pretty tight so far into late spring at least. Good to be busy.

I assure you though that there will be some attemp made in the 1500 and 2000 yard ranges. Weither I get hits is yet to be seen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!

By the way, nice Buff you popped here in Montana. Hope you had a great time up here. That is truely beautiful country where you were hunting.

Did you get chance to wet a fishing line in the Madison?? BIG rainbows and cutthroats!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

The 1500yd club stands a chance of being busted into this coming weekend. If the wind cooperates me and BJ are going back out to dog town on Saturday, this time we have a different game plan.

Usually we identify a area that has a lot of dogs in it roughly 20yds wide that we know a rough range for and just start banging. This has gotten us AMAZINGLY close sevaral times but it is also starting to **** me off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This time we are gonna use the Wild to get a confirmed range on a single dog or mound and then begin to fire. I figure this way we will definantly be more precise and hopfully cut down on sighter shots.

It is amazing the difference in the attitude of dogs near the road, which is where we have to shot to get 1600yds, and the attitude of dogs where we shoot at 1000yds. At 1k they will set for 3-4 shots before they waddle off. Near the road if they see a dust cloud they lite the rocket in their @$$ and are off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this weekend will be it, if not it will be hell of a lot of fun trying!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

take it easy
steve

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.