Bighorn won't eject spent Saum cases!

trucraft

IMG_20190325_111841934.jpg
IMG_20190326_142431398.jpg
Can anyone give me some advice on this one please.
I have a new Bighorn TL3 SA Mag Action
Manners PRS1 with Mini Chassis & Accuate Mag. 6.5 Saum.
When I eject a spent case while other rounds in the mag the case head jams between the top of the action and the next round in the mag.
Anyone else seen this.
If it wasn't a chassis I would say pullers too short. Its obviously due to the fat case in the mag pushing the spent case high against the action.
Shaving something off the mag release would possibly help but also may may the mag loose and baggy?
Advice appreciated.

Maybe adjust the feed lips on the mag in just a touch to hold the second round just a hair lower.

lancetkenyon is correct, the problem your experiencing is usually the result of the magazine feed lips encroaching too deep into the bolt path/raceway. This can be caused by bent feed lips, or as is more common, especially when swapping stocks or chassis, the magazine is latching too deep/close to the action. If your rifle uses a separate detachable bottom metal, the problem can be fixed by shimming down the bottom metal to the proper depth for your magazine. Once you've obtained the proper depth, I would bed the bottom metal there. If it is a stock/chassis in which the magazine well is intrical, then raising the action to proper hight in the stock by bedding may be an option.

As lancetkenyon suggested, adjusting the feed lips in some, should alleviate the symptoms but, may be present with the next magazine you use, or may cause failure to feed because the feed lips are then too close together to release the incoming cartridge at the proper time.

Each problem situation has its own best solution but, slight adjustment of the feed lips usually works fine and is by far the fastest and easiest method.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
Feed lips will definitely be the first thing I'll try.
As the bottom metal is integrated in the chassis adjusting the height isn't easy. If I raise the action through bedding it's likely to look shoddy even if only a couple of millimetres.

Thanks guys.
Feed lips will definitely be the first thing I'll try.
As the bottom metal is integrated in the chassis adjusting the height isn't easy. If I raise the action through bedding it's likely to look shoddy even if only a couple of millimetres.

Usually it isn't a matter of raising it millimeters, it is usually just a few thousandths of an inch, rarely noticeable.

Try a few shims under the action to see if that is the culprit....might be so minuscule that adding a touch of bedding wouldn't be a big deal....
Fold over some aluminum foil and tighten it....that is really easy testing...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.