Bighorn TL3 LA, stock bottom metal, Magazine Question

Hectorgomez

I purchased a bighorn barrel action with a proof barrel
Purchased a manners stock inletted for Hawkins
Purchase Hawkin bottom metal for DBM
Have AICS LA magazine.
Put all together and magazine hits action and wont seat.
Is there something I can do to solve this problem? Like purchase a different magazine or bottom metal?
Just don't know what i am doing with these new setups.

As others said, your pillar height isn't tall enough to allow magazine engagement. You can shim with steel washers with no detrimental effect, or you can file your bottom metal latch height down.

One way to tell how far you need to go is to count how many revolutions backing the action screw off allows magazine engagement. Multiply that number by .035" and that'll tell you how much you need to file or shim.

Mike @ HCA

The right way to fix this (in my humble opinion) is to properly (re)bed your stock… properly sized pillars are what is supposed to set the dimensional relationship between the action and the bottom metal (and magazines).

Does your stock have pillars installed? Many of the Manners do not have pillars installed. I've got a new Manners and it did NOT come with Pillars installed. As @Wallie stated have the action properly bedded to the stock and final fitted to the bottom metal. Just because it's inletted for the components doesn't mean it's drop in ready to go. Final fitting is always part of a build.

This is a consistent problem with manners stocks. They have gotten better but it's still not good. I have had a boat load of other manufactures stocks and never had the issues I see with manners. Barrel channel, action inlets and bottom metal inlets are consistently problems.

Thanks for the responses. It was an existing stock with pillars. Yes the new bottom metal came with pillars, I now know why. I removed the existing pillars, installed the new ones, rebeded the stock and it worked perfectly. Again, thanks for the help everyone.