Biggest deer in the world NO JOKE

I appreciate huge deer. How they were bred or hunted is a whole 'nother discussion. What a monster the OP posted. Kirby, Great looking buck and it is in good company on your trophy wall. I hope OK produces the next wall hanger for you.

I had an ag teacher in high school that was doing his student teaching. his family operated a deer farm. he had plenty of pictures of naturally grown high nutrient deer. His family kept genetics closer than any dog breeder i've ever seen....and annually sold multiple "class A bucks" to texas ranches. 125 lb deer growing 180+ antlers. The ranches would leave the buck alone in a "safe zone" for a breeding season, then turn it lose to "try it's luck". This ensured they had good breeding stock, and plenty of trophy bucks. Average cost spent by these ranches to him???? 8 grand a buck. 10 for the big ones. I personally would alot rather kill a 140 inch buck in the wild. If i patern him, know his routine, and put a good hunt on him, that is my trophy. I don't care if i ever break 150 inches....If i can guage my hunts by something else such as a perfect shot at 600+ or a perfect spot and stalk with my bow....then i'll be a happy fellow. To each his own, but when any ranch buys genetics....I feel like it's tilted the spirit of the hunt. Just my .02 again, and take with a grain of salt. Not trying to rub anyone the wrong way, because i respect everyone on this forum that has more experience in their little finger than i do. I may have a different view on things if i'd grown up with more land to hunt and didn't have to settle on what ever walked by. Again, off my soap box.
Nimrod

I will add one more thing. If I'd have worked for a year and a half and saved up my hard earned taxed dollars to pay to hunt a trophy ranch and didn't connect....well I would be a pretty ****ed off guy. In that aspect I can understand why ranches do assist hunters with high percentage hunts. If they didn't, the money would go to the one that did. As with everything anymore, it's just business....
Nimrod

Attachments

• monster buck .png
    monster buck .png
    183.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Well put Kirby. Me being in the filming industry, I have filmed in my fair share of high fence ranches. I even part time guied for one this season. There are some that are extreemly hard and some that are a joke. I actually walked a way from a film job in one of them.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts