Dad's Biggest deer ever

Have to brag on my dad real quick. He has always been the kind of guy that has let everyone else shoot the big deer and he has always shot the small forkies and little deer. By doing that he has never shot a big buck. But that all changed this year. Opening day of mule deer season this year we saw a giant buck and got to within 400 yards of him. My dad shoots an old pump action Remington and only feels comfortable to about 250. So knowing this I tried to get us closer but he busted us and we never got a shot. Well, my dad hunted all week and never saw him again until this past Sunday, which was the last day of the season. My dad was walking in a field and the same big buck popped up at 300yds, he knelt down, took the shot and smoked him.The buck immediately dropped and my dad went to him and had to put one in his neck to finish off. With that, my dad killed his biggest buck ever!! Im supper stoked that it all worked out for my pops!!
That's a whopper!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts