whos got the biggest whitetail!!

Well? He may not be the biggest but he is what I ended up with last year and the first buck I've taken with a pistol (SRH 454 Casull) He looks small in pic for some reason but he outweighed me!
cjg.jpg

Last edited:
Great bucks Jim, what did that bad boy on the left score?

Thanks
Grossed 164 3/8 net 153 5/8, That was an archery Kill in 98' Columbia County WI.

The middle one was shot late in the year (cwd zone) at 609 yards. Had he not been broken up he might have made B&C on gross not net.

Last edited:
It's got to be my Uncle hands down. Joe with the " Missouri Monster". I can't wait until he sees this....
buck.jpg.w300h400.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry but I had to take a picture of a picture to get some of them posted.

Here are mine:

This year's I dubbed ground shrinkage(I thought he was the one I was after)

001-2.jpg

The one on the left is a three point I shot with a bow and the right one was the biggest I had for quite awhile. We get a buck rifle tag in my home unit about once every five years.

004.jpg

But this is the grand daddy of them. I have a brother in law in MT who shot this deer in the early eighties before he was put in the wheel chair(Tom and my dad). The picture on the right is him and his son with another trophy he took while in the wheel chair a couple years ago. It was also in MT and no fences. Even in the wheel chair he is a better hunter than myself.

002-2.jpg

all taxidermy was done in house(mainly mine)
all deer were taken in our home units(where we live) on public land.
Brent

Last edited:
The three on the center wall are all bow kills. The one on the far right belongs to a buddy's gradfather. I had it here taking it to my other buddy that is a taxidermest for a new cape.

100_0258.jpg

My brothers biggest ever. If he had any mass he would be TX number 1 all time typical white tail. The buck I shot below was less than a mile from where my brother shot his.

n656878024_136923_3086.jpg

Not my biggest but he was shot at a little over 600. He grossed 161 even with the broken tines.
Chase_Spring_Creek_10_pt_with_gun_a.jpg

This is my biggest buck to date. He scored 178. Had 16.25" main beams and 8" bases. He was nice and light at only 289 lbs. Shot him at 44 yards with my bow.

CrabClaw.jpg

Here he is the year before during the pre-rut. His name is Crab claw as you can see on his right main beam. He was an absolute toad!!

brute.jpg

This is the largest buck ever to grace our property. His name is Cowboy. He died at the age of 6 from a lung disease. He scored 216 typical. He was 28" inside.
cowboyhuge.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.