Bigger bullets kill you deader

Discussion in 'Humor' started by 300whisper, Jul 30, 2018.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. dfanonymous

dfanonymous Well-Known Member

as a person that has shot at and been shot at, people shouldn’t be worried about getting into gun fights if they can’t manage recoil in a autoloading pistol, regardless of mag capacity of total ammo count. Second, Regardless if you put two perfect shots into a fool with a .45 or two perfect shots with a 9mm, the effects will have much better terminal effect then if hitting limbs and soft tissue with no vital damage, regardless of power factor. However life just doesn’t work that way usually when things get stupid.

2. BJH

BJH Well-Known Member

I agree with Steve's earlier post...I couldn't find much to laugh about. It is amazing to see what lengths the left will go to in order to push their agenda. Everyone on here knows the difference. And don't believe for a second that they believe the B.S. that they spill every day. But there are obviously a lot of uninformed people out there who buy their lies. It just blows my mind that anyone could even start to think that stuff like this makes any sense.

3. Riflehunter1776

Riflehunter1776 Well-Known Member

“The consensus is that no more than five to ten people in a hundred who die by gunfire in Los Angeles are any loss to society. These people fight small wars amongst themselves. It would seem a valid social service to keep them well-supplied with ammunition."
    "Los Angeles and Ho Chi Minh City have declared themselves sister cities. It makes sense: they are both Third World metropolises formerly occupied by Americans."
    -- Jeff Cooper

To refine that idea, Trump could make a game show where all these scumbags can form their own gang "teams", the more the merrier, and compete against other gang teams in a closed off area. Supply them with plenty of ammo, and the last man standing gets a full hour on the TV to talk about themselves and a 10 year supply of bling and hoes. It would be like moths to a flame - and fully voluntary of course. One mass rumble a week should clear out the criminal population in a couple of years, and no innocents would get hurt.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  4. jimpickens

jimpickens Member

My Remington Nylon 66 semi auto 22LR is just as deadly as any 50 BMG but with no recoil and less noise.

5. Randy Tidwell

Randy Tidwell Well-Known Member

I actually had student in a Hunter Safety Class ask me how dead my deer will be if I kill it at 150 yards.... HUH?

the hunter likes this.
  6. Riflehunter1776

Riflehunter1776 Well-Known Member

kids today. they also eat tide pods and look at a manual transmission like it's a vehicular anti-theft device.

J E Custom and the hunter like this.
  7. manitou

manitou Well-Known Member

That does it, I am trading my 9mm EDC in for a .22 short. I can't stand the thought of stopping or killing a perp that is trying to kill me and my family.

the hunter likes this.
  8. bbckfh

bbckfh Well-Known Member

As a physician and researcher, this bunk "research" and drawing of spurious conclusions and trying to use it to influence or inform policy sickens me. This is a textbook example of asking the wrong question of a dataset and getting a wrong answer.

As a shooter, this is dangerous.

hunter67wa and jimpickens like this.