Big guns

I've got a 375H&H in a remmy and I've got a 458 win mag in an old Herters rifle. I love shooting those guns. When they go off you know your alive.
I'm more partial to my
.460 Weatherby...have a saying for this gun..." LIFE ENDS AT .460"..... another really good thing about the 460 and really big bears....should you happen to miss that charging bear....no worries...just climb up the barrel and HIDE!

I'm more partial to my
.460 Weatherby...have a saying for this gun..." LIFE ENDS AT .460"..... another really good thing about the 460 and really big bears....should you happen to miss that charging bear....no worries...just climb up the barrel and HIDE!
Lol I will remember that trick, my muzzle break will give me more hight

Not an H&H, but I built a .375 Ruger on an old 7mm RM M70 XTR. I've taken one pronghorn at 275 yards with it, dumped it DRT with a Hornady 270 gr SP. I still want the H&H and when I'm on DRB7 in a couple of years I'm looking for a SS M70 Classic.

If you have the machining (lathe), can get dies, reamer rental and barrel for $300plus postage to make a 375 RUM. Will put it on my Mausingfield (reliable extractor). Will be a good fall project.

Owned CZ550 in 375H&H for around 10 yrs. Topped with Leupold 2-7 . I used it on deer , bear, elk, and moose. Works good. Aim, pull trigger, loud noise, shoulder shove, animal falls down. Hand load TSX barnes 270gr. with bullet set out far enough to use up mag well. Just under 2900fps. very accurate.

Owned CZ550 in 375H&H for around 10 yrs. Topped with Leupold 2-7 . I used it on deer , bear, elk, and moose. Works good. Aim, pull trigger, loud noise, shoulder shove, animal falls down. Hand load TSX barnes 270gr. with bullet set out far enough to use up mag well. Just under 2900fps. very accurate.
Thanks for the info

Great caliber! Sadly, I sold my M70 a few years back...One of the few I ever let go. Now, not sure why?
Lol I think we are all guilty of that
I sold my cousin a browning BPS 12ga trap gun, marlin 30-30 lever action made in 1955, and a browning 22LR which I had for 35 years or more just because he was left handed I dream about them some nights lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.