Bi pod suggestion

For prone use I'd get either the Harris HBRMS or the Harris HBLMS...Sitting or kneeling the Harris HB25CS...

HBRMS is 6-9" swivel
HBLMS is 9-13" swivel
HB25CS is 13.5-27" swivel

You'll also want to add a pod lok to these...

I'd be more then happy to send you one of each to try out and see if they'll work for you before you make a purchase...

I have a primos trigger stick already, many that will be enougg

I put this together for my dad. He shakes now and it doubles as a walking stick. It took him about 3 rounds of practice and he had it mastered. Hunting where we do in N Idaho there is a lot of clear cuts with 5 to 20ft tall brush, but nothing to really anchor against.
20190929_021032.jpg

I have bog pod shooting sticks, had the tripod and switched to the 2 legged version. Light to carry and quick to set up moving in timber. The tripod works fine if you are sitting , but noisier and clumsy for a quick set up.
That being said last year I had my Harris 25 swivel bipod in place when we snuck up on a bedded herd and it worked great from a kneeling position.
I use both the Harris bipod and carry the shooting sticks as well for standing shots.

Just what I have luck with.

Great solutions here. Will be fun to think about how to improve my system.

I use an Atlas 7-13" bipod and when I need more clearance over taller vegetation I set the bipod up on my pack (laying pack flat on ground). It's one more step but doesn't take more than a few extra seconds to get in position. I've used that solution on elk and pronghorn. If I need a rest higher than that, resting on the top of my pack (pack sitting upright) has worked well.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.