Bi pod suggestion

Arca is for sure the way to go.

I'm waiting to get a cruxord tripod system.

So guys if you use the ARCA RAIL
what Brand of Tripod fonyou use to support a 10 to 15 pound gun ?
Thanks. Marty
The arca attaches to the MDT CYKE pod and will attach to the cruxord tripod system I'm day dreaming about.

So guys if you use the ARCA RAIL
what Brand of Tripod fonyou use to support a 10 to 15 pound gun ?
Thanks. Marty
We use a SLIK pro Lite, holds a 10.5 lb rifle just fine with the mount forward of the balance point, if you made the rail to where it came back to the balance point, it would hold a really heavy rifle.

ok. thanks i will look it up and get some inf on it. I am looking for a set up that i can stand up and use. old and both knees replaced. I have a nice BOG POD TRI POD WITH A YOKE. They have one now i think will support a 10 pound rifle with out hands.
You might know they will not just sale the the head that attaches to gun. Marty

I run the harris swivel 12-25 and wouldn't even think of running anything else unless it fails me( it hasn't yet). If I need less bipod I just use my pack. I'm not saying this is the ultimate set up or anything of the sort, just what works for me in Montana. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Good luck on whatever you decide there are plenty of options out there

I run an Atlas bipod. When I set up I clear an area so I can get prone to take the shot. Part of the hunt. I take a tripod rig a well and can quickly remove my spotter and put on the gun, but I prefer to go prone.

PB

If your still looking at bipods, I'd recommend the Warne skyline bipod. They make leg extensions for it if you want more height. I've went through quite a few (Caldwell, Harris, Atlas and a few others) and found the skyline to suit me the best. For tripods I'd recommend Slik, can't beat the price for what you get. My wife and kids both shoot off tripods using the claw mount, (a little quick release clamp that mounts to the tripod foot). Good luck on your hunt!

I run the patriot Valley comp 40 tripod, weighs 5# and can support me at 220#. I have a RRS anvil mounted in the bowl, mate's to arca or pic rails. I also run a ckye pod bipod that has an rrs adapter that mates to arca or pic rail. Their stuff is top notch, however not cheap at all.

I do varmint hunting and got started with a carbon tripod that I bought cheap off eBay. Works great and positions to almost anything I need.

I like the Harris S-BRM 6-9" Not sure about lightweight, but I think it is hard to beat on quality. When you say swivel, I guess you mean tilt (cant) left or right. I know there are the type that rotate horizontally on the bipod, and I don't have any experience with them. Even so, I would still recommend the Harris.

I run the tallest Harris and have found it sufficient for most situations out west and open field hunting in Indiana/Michigan. I can't see shooting sticks being stable enough for truly long range shots, if I'm shooting over 4ft grass typically I've got a tree to stabilize against and it's NOT a really long range shot. I've made shots on deer and elk in the mountains from 430 to 740 yards using the Harris.

I'm interested in the ability to mount a rifle to the tripod I often carry from my spotting scope and will research the option mentioned. But I don't see it being a truly long range option.

I run the tallest Harris and have found it sufficient for most situations out west and open field hunting in Indiana/Michigan. I can't see shooting sticks being stable enough for truly long range shots, if I'm shooting over 4ft grass typically I've got a tree to stabilize against and it's NOT a really long range shot. I've made shots on deer and elk in the mountains from 430 to 740 yards using the Harris.

I'm interested in the ability to mount a rifle to the tripod I often carry from my spotting scope and will research the option mentioned. But I don't see it being a truly long range option.
As far as the tripod, if you have a rear rest it is. My cousin took an elk at 713 last year from sitting position.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.