OTC + Guide suggestions

the blur

My New Mexico non-resident submission will most likely fail. 10% odds.
Any suggestions of a backup plan. Something OTC, with a guide, with a population of Elk. Doesn't have to be a trophy, but a 4x4 would be nice.

We've hunted with Papierski's big game hunts out of Craig Co. a few times. John has leases on some good ranches in the area. He's able to start rifle hunting in September on these ranches but I would recommend later since weather and hunting pressure will push more elk onto the properties. Not a trophy hunt but a fun hunt.

We've hunted with Papierski's big game hunts out of Craig Co. a few times. John has leases on some good ranches in the area. He's able to start rifle hunting in September on these ranches but I would recommend later since weather and hunting pressure will push more elk onto the properties. Not a trophy hunt but a fun hunt.

What's the website for them? The one listed on Gohunt isn't working and neither is the one on their Facebook page?

I'm wondering what the general cost would be for one of their elk hunts, like the OP here.

I'm not sure if he has the website any longer but he normally updates his Facebook page. His elk hunts are approximately $5700 with lodging and meals. His phone # 970-629-2266 . Very high success rate. He gets like 40 tags and usually fills 35+

I'm not sure if he has the website any longer but he normally updates his Facebook page. His elk hunts are approximately $5700 with lodging and meals. His phone # 970-629-2266 . Very high success rate. He gets like 40 tags and usually fills 35+
I don't know what he has to pay the rancher but if he fills 35 tags that's $199,500.00 that's one hell of a year.

I'm pretty sure he's got to pay the other guides and buy food and fuel on top of the the leases. For a guided hunt I think it's pretty affordable. Try to find a decent Colorado guided elk hunt for under 6g on private land. Good luck!

I'm pretty sure he's got to pay the other guides and buy food and fuel on top of the the leases. For a guided hunt I think it's pretty affordable. Try to find a decent Colorado guided elk hunt for under 6g on private land. Good luck!

4 sure, plus insurance.........and lease prices....plus just plain dealing with people.

Anyone thinking that if the fella is grossing 199500 as an outfitter is making out like a bandit are truly uninformed...