Bi Pod set up for Tikka T3X Tac A1 6.5cm help.

Stang66

I don't own an AR so I haven't learned about all the rails and attachments and what goes with what. Have been reading and looking.
Brand of bipod for this RIFLE
I would like CANT and PAN
Mounting rail attachments needed
PROS/Cons for these:
ARCA
PIC
I'm not going to be doing competition stuff this was my retirement toy and I have a goal to shoot 1000 yards, and maybe further if I get a chance. Challenge left handed HaHa, have only one eye and 66 years old

The Tika has a M-LOK rail.

If it was me, I would use the Atlas bipod with this M-LOK adapter.

I just use a Harris bipod on my tac A1 260R works fine good enough to shoot rabbits size steel plates at 1205 yards and that's off the tray of my Hilux .
Screenshot_20220623-193432_Gallery.jpg

I am also left-handed at shooting actually ambidextrous but prefer left as I am a right-handed person but left eye dominant been using right-handed rifles all my life can't get my head around a left-handed action tried both right and left hand TAC a1 came home with the right-handed version
Screenshot_20220623-193551_Gallery.jpg

I just use a Harris bipod on my tac A1 260R works fine good enough to shoot rabbits size steel plates at 1205 yards and that's off the tray of my Hilux .
View attachment 373769
I am also left-handed at shooting actually ambidextrous but prefer left as I am a right-handed person but left eye dominant been using right-handed rifles all my life can't get my head around a left-handed action tried both right and left hand TAC a1 came home with the right-handed version
View attachment 373770
Nice thanks for the pics Gives me a visual on what height the setup will be. Maybe I need to get the Helix too lol

Nice thanks for the pics Gives me a visual on what height the setup will be. Maybe I need to get the Helix too lol
Haha only if you have all day to get to where you are going.
I have 3 Harris bp all SLM 9 to 13 inch as I rarely ever shoot under 750 yards and I'm too fat to use the short ones I find no problems with the Harris with my rifles up to 16 lbs never tried heavier so can't comment on whether they're suitable for a 20 odd lb rifle.
I have used an Atlas I borrowed it off a friend of mine only took me 4 days to give it back to him it's just personal preference and the price.

I have 3 Harris bp all SLM 9 to 13 inch as I rarely ever shoot under 750 yards and I'm too fat to use the short ones I find no problems with the Harris with my rifles up to 16 lbs never tried heavier so can't comment on whether they're suitable for a 20 odd lb rifle.
I have used an Atlas I borrowed it off a friend of mine only took me 4 days to give it back to him it's just personal preference and the price.
That may be the one for me too, it's all about the fit and I'm not for sure. Thanks

Thanks for your info.
How do you like that Magnetospeed in your pic? Are you using v3,setup?
And looks like you are using a rail mount too,whos?
I am still getting everything set up for the Tikka so much research and reviews to filter through.
Thanks

Wait until you're at the range shooting when you load the bipod the rifle occasionally may hop or slide forward slightly ,then you go to pull it back to you (may be a dumb move on my part) and one leg on the harris folds up and your brand new custom 338 with a nightforce ATACR flops on its side on the bench!

Thanks for your info.
I am still getting everything set up for the Tikka so much research and reviews to filter through.
Thanks
Wiser precision, Yes when I got my 338 back from being rebarreled I cut the tube back but I had to know it was long enough for my rifle with the longest barrel in my collection
1F90986C-5FEE-486D-B872-D41A9EDA50B3.jpeg

Thanks for your info.
Thanks
Your welcome. I designed and now build these brackets. They work very well on my Tikkas. Yes, it is a V3. I don't know if it will work on the sporter. It has two screws that go through existing holes in the base. all you have to do is take off the strap and tension screw. Once it is set for the rifle, you can pop it on and off with the tension lever. I sell them for $85.00 + shipping (small USPS box). The only limitation I have found, is that they will not work on guns with short forends and long barrels. I am currently running 26" barrels on my Tikkas, and it works fine.
I use a 2.5" section of pic rail so the bipod and bracket fit on nicely.

Attachments

• Ultimate V3 mount pdf.pdf
    478.5 KB · Views: 111
Wait until you're at the range shooting when you load the bipod the rifle occasionally may hop or slide forward slightly ,then you go to pull it back to you (may be a dumb move on my part) and one leg on the harris folds up and your brand new custom 338 with a nightforce ATACR flops on its side on the bench!
I'm lucky enough to say what is a range I have access to tens of thousands of acres privately owned property could shoot a 50 out to 2 1/2 thousand yards if I had one never had that problem with a Harris yet I only shoot off the tray or laying prone