Bi Pod reasearch

I think that Harris kind of has the market. Thier most expensive is a so called swivle. I kind of like just the talls for about $99

Harris... others look the same or are a few dollars cheeper but not near as good.....
If you don't believe me I do have a B-Square bipod for sale...

Tell us a bit about the Snipe Pod, is it robust enough for hunting situations? I'm thinking about purchasing one, cause it is so light, but would like to know your opinion of it..

Moondog

I have the snipe pod mounting system on two rifles with one snipe pod, The biggest advantage is light weight. It is not rock solid but works good for a shorter shot range say around 400 yards or shorter but I think a longer shot your biopod should be solid.

Last edited:
I have 2 snipepod models, and make shots well past 400 yrds. They are not as sturdy as a harris type, but I use them for weight factor. If I am in the mountains and can sit with back against a tree trunk, this helps alot. I use pack w/pod various set up with terrian to get steady. I also run it in high basins in deep snow, have been able to flop prone but still keep gun out of the snow for a shot, with 27'' type pod. I prefer a harris type for antelope.

I absolutely love the Stoney Point Rapid Pivot bipods. I love the fact that they are lightweight and are easily removed. I can shoot as well with them as any other bipod I have shot off of. Check them out for 40 bucks you can't go wrong.

+1 on the Stoney Point. We use them all the time with great results. They go on and off with a snap, adjust to odd terrain very quickly, allow a nice natural recoil, and its nice to only have it on the rifle when you need it. Going through brush or sliding a rifle in and out of a scabbard or Eberlestock can be a pain with a semi permanent bipod.

The rubber has been hit or miss lately as far as quality, but they are only $40.

I was originally looking at a versapod but have decieded against them, I cant find anyone who really likes them. My new plan is to get the seekins sling picatiny rail mount. " http://www.seekinsprecision.com/index_p.php?p=srs " I will normally have a no bipod mounted and shoot from a bag (most likely) But am looking at the GG&G quick detatch bipod for prone link" GG&G " or a rock creek bipod and then getting the GG&G quick disconnect harris adapter link " GG&G " and mount one of the tall harris bipods to that for shooting in seated position. With this system I feel I can quickly adapt to the shooting situation. I have had a mounted bipod "the harris" that was too tall for prone and too short for sitting. I also usually only need the prone when I set up somewhere, otherwise it ends up being to short (grass and things) and I cant use it, so why have it mounted all the time? Well this is my new plan, but I have been changing my mind frequently ;) I wish GG&G would make a sitting pod! Not really a big fan of the harris but it may be the best sitting height pod right now.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.