Beware!!! SRS knock-offs floating around

Ja still shows Srs rails on there site
I checked and don't see where they are branded as SRS. I have 4 SRS Arca + Pic rails and when this popped up yesterday I went and looked to see how different they were than the pictures because I believe I ordered all 4 from JA and all 4 are actual SRS brand rails. The rails in the picture are similar but clearly are not SRS brand. I will still order from JA (currently waiting on a pure precision altitude for a long action Savage) but if I need another Arca + Pic rail would get the original SRS because I like the way they look better and know they are quality plus SRS has cool stickers :).

It isn't competition if what you're competing against was yours to start with and a thief steals it, gets it made cheaper in China then sells it to a customer base you've educated and created. Certainly not illegal but very shady.

Y'all want to jump on SRS but suck JA's appendage. Feel free to do so at your leisure but I've learned a great deal about what kind of people inhabit this forum and it wasn't favorable. I've certainly found out SRS isn't innocent but that doesn't excuse JA from any blame. Again, if JA, along with several other vendors were selling the knock off SRS rails, that would be one thing but, based on my limited search, JA is the sole supplier of these. Ergo, JA ripped off the design and undercut SRS with his own product. I think its unethical and underhanded and JA is on my 'do not buy from' list. Shame because I recently found them for some Savage stuff I wanted but they were out of stock on. I'll count myself fortunate on that score. You may continue with your adoration of unethical behavior.

So every company out there with competing products is guilty of this? That's called competition!!!!!! All the scope manufacturers with extremely similar features are they guilty, an arca rail and pic rail are not ground breaking items. SRS didn't invent the wheel.

Again, you have shown no proof of JA doing anything wrong. He marketed a product SIMILAR to an existing one. Fair business. He sells many products that are similar. He didn't claim it be someone's else's! He's selling a product, not a knock off. You have no idea who designed it or is making it. So your "limited search" didn't turn up anything, so that means JA ripped them off. Good detective work, jump to conclusions easily? How you know what to look for if there's no manufacturer listed? Every manufacturer starts somewhere in retail, not putting it out there in masses or at every retailer to start.

It sounds like you are either a SRS supporter or associated with them to defend them like you are.

SRS got his feelings hurt because he has competition now. You don't see his competitors coming after him because of his "designs" are similar to theirs.

You think this is bad you should have seen Custer up against all those Winchester and Henry lever action repeating arms. Winchester was pretty upset.

He absolutely did mate. In the post when he explained about the customer emailing him. There was no "customer return" just photos sent. Stop getting this mixed up with your own interpretation of what the man said. Go back and READ what he wrote, not what you THINK he wrote. Jesus, this isn't rocket science, try and keep up.

This is a much smaller world than Sitka and Amazon bud. I looked for SRS products because they were well recommended. If SRS is out of stock and I bought the item from JA instead because they were in stock and received something from JA that didn't look exactly like SRS, it is 100% feasible the customer could contact SRS, as the manufacturer, direct.

Clearly, not many of you have any experience of manufacturing or patents. A patent can run $50K per PRODUCT before it's granted. At best, its no less than $10K per product. I doubt SRS is making $50K or even $10K a year on rails. And, as an acquaintance of mine, the firearms industry go to patent attorney told me, "a patent is only worth how much you can afford to defend it."

It isn't competition if what you're competing against was yours to start with and a thief steals it, gets it made cheaper in China then sells it to a customer base you've educated and created. Certainly not illegal but very shady.

Y'all want to jump on SRS but suck JA's appendage. Feel free to do so at your leisure but I've learned a great deal about what kind of people inhabit this forum and it wasn't favorable. I've certainly found out SRS isn't innocent but that doesn't excuse JA from any blame. Again, if JA, along with several other vendors were selling the knock off SRS rails, that would be one thing but, based on my limited search, JA is the sole supplier of these. Ergo, JA ripped off the design and undercut SRS with his own product. I think its unethical and underhanded and JA is on my 'do not buy from' list. Shame because I recently found them for some Savage stuff I wanted but they were out of stock on. I'll count myself fortunate on that score. You may continue with your adoration of unethical behavior.
The OP didn't say hey he ripped me off. He said JA is making products and then selling them under my name. Big difference. Especially as you put it "in this small world" If you READ my post you just replied to I didn't say anything about a return. READ. I can tell you are very passionate about this and that's great just be careful you have a bunch of SRS all over your lips. Have a great day mate/bud etc

The thing that really irks me is that as it has been said several times. Competition in the market is a very normal thing. If a wholesaler can find a similar product cheaper and of good quality to bring to their customer well as a consumer I appreciate that. This is a rail there are tons of them SRS did not invent a rail. People keep making excuses about why he didn't have a patent blah blah blah. He didn't have a patent because he couldnt afford one, they didn't think they needed one or more than likely they knew the patent police would never grant him one on something that has already been produced many times over. This was sour grapes and SRS tried to drag JA's name through the mud. Drag them through the mud on something they have committed themselves many times over.

Gman I bet you have a whole case of participation trophies you shine up all the time. This is the business world this is how business works every single day. What about carbon wrapped rifle barrels, 20moa rails, brass, etc etc. One person thought of the idea and the competition soon followed. We as consumers all benefit from this wether it be quality, price or supply.

Last edited: