Beware!!! SRS knock-offs floating around

100% You know what's sad is that JA got bashed here and I saw on Rokslide too. I lurk there so don't have an account but I'd love for them to see this conversation here. I really want to hear SRS's side of this. Really kind of puts this whole thread in a much different light.
It's there now.

1691281152559.png

I guess I'll give UTG a chance, we all know those are knock-offs right?

If they were doing anything illegal Im sure that would of already happened. Unethical and illegal are two different things.
If the seller is offering gear with the other companies name on it without permission, it is absolutely an issue. That said, anybody worth their salt would not buy from any company that hawks unauthorized gear.

@Thegman - Can you review this piping hot new evidence?
LOL, I get busy mudding/texturing the living room and return to more drama! So I'm guessing the Idaho poster is JA? All I can say is if he knew SRS was blatantly copying other people's designs and still did business with him as a reseller, his character is even more dubious.

I found SRS after shooting a NRL hunter match a couple years ago and searched for the ARCA/pictatinny rail interface for my hunting rifle. Back then, SRS was the only game in town for that combo. Ergo, it stands to reason they innovated it. If SRS is dubious too, well, that sucks. However, I have a significant issue with people saying its OK to steal other people's inventions because of a lack of a patent.

That's the same as saying if you don't want your car stolen, you should lock the doors. That may be true, but I guess only thieves are deterred by locked doors because honest people don't even think about stealing someone else's vehicle.

On the face of it, neither SRS or JA are covering themselves in glory. Appears both are intellectual property thieves but trying to justify being a thief because you stole from a thief isn't quite the tactic I would have gone with... YMMV.

If the seller is offering gear with the other companies name on it without permission, it is absolutely an issue. That said, anybody worth their salt would not buy from any company that hawks unauthorized gear.
There are a couple big accusations made by SRS against JAO in the initial post.

1. SRS claims JAO knocked off, aka, manufactured their own copy of SRS designs.

- JAO is a reseller, they don't manufacture products. They sell a host of products from various manufacturers

2. SRS claims JAO manufactured products and sold them as SRS branded and packaged items.

- OP has not provided evidence of such to have occurred. A review of JAO website shows similar in purpose products made by "Riverman" company.

LOL, I get busy mudding/texturing the living room and return to more drama! So I'm guessing the Idaho poster is JA? All I can say is if he knew SRS was blatantly copying other people's designs and still did business with him as a reseller, his character is even more dubious.

I found SRS after shooting a NRL hunter match a couple years ago and searched for the ARCA/pictatinny rail interface for my hunting rifle. Back then, SRS was the only game in town for that combo. Ergo, it stands to reason they innovated it. If SRS is dubious too, well, that sucks. However, I have a significant issue with people saying its OK to steal other people's inventions because of a lack of a patent.

That's the same as saying if you don't want your car stolen, you should lock the doors. That may be true, but I guess only thieves are deterred by locked doors because honest people don't even think about stealing someone else's vehicle.

On the face of it, neither SRS or JA are covering themselves in glory. Appears both are intellectual property thieves but trying to justify being a thief because you stole from a thief isn't quite the tactic I would have gone with... YMMV.
I don't really understand your rational with stealing. No one stole anything. The OP is upset because a supplier found someone else who sells a similar product to fill his customers needs. JA didn't steal anything. They didn't badge anything as the OP's product. A patent is the letter of what is one company's or many companies to produce. This happens every single day. This is a competing product not a stolen product. If your example or thoughts were "true" we would all be driving Mercedes Benz vehicles (had the first patent on gas powered vehicle if you didn't know)

The OP said they were selling products under the SRS name and brand. Direct quote. That's a load of crap. And I posted the info about the SRS "very similar" products from various other manufacturers because if you want to call a spade a spade let's do it. The Remington post was a great one. Clone copy whatever.