Best small rifle primer

Wolf SR mag are the most consistent I have ever used but due to the banned import they are a thing of the past.

It really depends what primer your rifle likes with what ever powder, case, bullet combo it likes.

I use a lot of CCI 450, BR-4 and 400s. Rem. 7 1/2s work great in one of my 223 Rem loads.
I guess if it came down to be limited to just one primer I guess it would be CCI 450.

Has anybody tried the Winchester match USA Ready small rifle primer. Wondering if they are good or not.

Flare,
I use all the above in the 6mmBR Norma and .223Rem. I tend to reach for the CCI450's a bit more than the others, then BR4's, Rem 7.5's and CCI400's last. All have produced sub 1/4" groups for me in the two cartridges listed.
I have a few of the Rem 6.5's but rarely use them. Too much controversy dealing with those. Some folks say "use 'em", some say "don't". I think they were developed for use in low pressure rounds like the 22 Hornet but I have used them successfully in the .223Rem with good results.

I have been using Winchester small rifle primers for years in 223 prairie dog loads and haven't had any issues,at least 10,000 rounds

Rem 7 1/2, Fed 205M, CCI 450. All have performed well for me in a variety of rifles/calibers. The 450 & 7 1/2's have harder cup than the Federals so may work better in high pressure loads.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts