best scope?

EastHunter

Just got a tikka varminer rifle in 7mm and wondering what will be best chose for my scope?

It gonna be for range up to 1000 max.

Got my eye on a 6500 bushnell but wonder if the best qualite vs price?

For the price and the quality the Bushnell are a good way to go but I prefer and the Vortex PST line. Another good one is the Weaver Tactical line.

We stock all of them so if we can be of help feel free to ask.

Mike @ CST

might want to consider the Zeiss Conquest. glass is great, turrets are......not nightforce but decent.

might want to consider the Zeiss Conquest. glass is great, turrets are......not nightforce but decent.

I agree they are not a Nightforce but they are nice also. I have used them myself. We also sell the Conguest Scopes.

Mike @ CST

That it got to chose from these 2. Bushnell élite tactical 4.5-30 mildot and Sightron lrmd 10-50X60.

Sightron are a we more on the price side put to have a longrange rig it take a good scope!!

So your ideas?

I have a sightron S3 6-24X50, at first I thought it was a really good scope but the more I use it the more I dislike it. The reason I have come to dislike it is it does not seem clear enough, I had it first on my 300RUM and even with that at 200 yards no matter what target I used I had a very hard time seeing the bullet holes, now that I have dropped down to a 280AI its even harder to see the bullet holes.
I also wonder if I am expecting too much from a $1000 scope?
Thou I did check out a viper pst and it was nice and then checked out a swarovski and a nightforce and the last two are in a whole different league.
This is just my 2 cents worth. Good luck

The last 2 are out ofmy price for the moment. Viper pst sound good, will do reasearch on.

Got a friend that have a sightron and he told me is satisfid with it. Dont know if he could see is bulett hole a 200yrd but he have made good grouping up to 700yrd with it!!

Any of the scopes made by Optical Light Works and sold under several brand names would be about the best value for money. I would pick the one I liked the best at the price I could afford.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.