Best Scope Under $1000

I have the VX3i LRP as you described and I love it. super clear, a little bulky but works great, best I found for the $ I added a turret tape from custom turrets with my ballistic info. that cost $34 money well spent

This new Arken scope has been getting rave reviews and is a great intro price. Even Rex Reviews likes these.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JBT8BZC/?tag=lrhmag19-20

I don't remember Rex talking about where it is made but here's what I got from Arken for what it is worth ...

Arken scopes.JPG

A few years back I bought a Leupold VX-3L 6.5x20 56mm side focus and put it on my 300 Weatherby, took it out and it is amazing in low light and all other conditions. I shot a nice buck in very low light conditions, I could see his antlers silhouetted, when I put the scope on him it was like someone had hit him with a flashlight...90 yards. When I got home, I purchased another and a year later another etc....I have five, they discontinued it. Best I ever had. I have had Weavers, Bushnell, Simmons, Nikon, Leica, Redfield, Unertl, Vortex and another german scope I have forgotten the name. Wish I had more VX-3L. Last purchase was a Leupold Vx3i 6.5x20 50mm side focus CDS 30mm. Love it

I have a 6.5CM on order and am now researching for a scope to mount on it. The Leupold VX-3i LRP 6.5-20X 50mm looks like about the best one can get for under a grand. I have been a Leupold fan for over 40 years, but I haven't purchased a new scope in decades. I see that there are now many more offerings than there were back when I was in the game. Does anyone have other ideas or suggestions in this price range other than the Leupold model I have focused in on.
Have a look at Steiner scopes.

The Steiner P4xi and the Burris XTR2s are going to be in that price range and have better features.

If you plan on dialing I would stay away from Leupold. The Zeiss V4 scope have been getting awesome reviews and I can say from experience that the Tract Toric 3-15 is hard to beat for $750.

Zeiss V4. Red Hawk Rifles has demos under 800.00 right now. The one I ordered looks brand new.

Zeiss V4. Red Hawk Rifles has demos under 800.00 right now. The one I ordered looks brand new.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.