Best scope / specs for a Ruger 22 LR

bushido23

This past winter, I purchased a Ruger 22 takedown. Mainly to be used for plinking, short range (under 100 yrds) varmint hunting, getting the kids out shooting, etc. etc.

I was curious as to opinions on what type of scope to get (not just brand, but magnification, etc. etc.).

Should I get a 2x ??, 3x?? or a 4x?? What would the top end need to be to be able to hit a squirrel at 100 yrds?

Any other characteristics to take into account?

I want to keep this under $500.

(Of course, lets assume I'm using good quality ammo). This is a scope question only.

Thanks,

Paul

3-9x32 Bushnell 22 rimfire riflescope is all you should need. I picked one up when I bought my 10-22 and it's a great deal for the price. I think I paid $60 and I have no complaints

I did purchase a Nikon Pro-staff 2x7 when I bought the rifle and have not been happy with it. The 7 times mag was not enough, and simply did not care for the manipulation of the scope.

This scope is a replacement for the Nikon.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.