best scope mount for ELR precision shooting?

Jeffpatton00

There's quite an array of scope mounts available, and I'm tending toward a 1-piece mount for my new Vortex Golden Eagle scope on my 224 Valkyrie rifle. What advice do you have for the most effective scope mount in 30mm?

lol...maybe try shooting the valkyrie before investing any more money in parts.
have you been to the valkyrie site ?
so far it has not shown itself to be a 1000 yards plus round.

It's a custom build by Joe Carlos, semi-auto platform, Bartlein 30" 5R progressive twist barrel. I shoot single shot so not limited to mag length. I've seen good things about Burris insert rings, but it seems like a 1-piece mount would be a firmer fixture. There's a site Precision Rifle Blog (https://precisionrifleblog.com/2018/12/25/best-scope-mount/) that reports what equipment top competitors use, and the Spuhr one-piece Ideal mount seems to be in most common use, although it's more expensive than I was hoping to spend (although "buy once, cry once" is a valid concept). It looks like you have much experience at long range, if you were contemplating an investment in a mount for precision shooting, how would you approach that?

well 30" is finally a bbl in the right class for the "claims"
i typically buy a x moa base and add any additional tilt with the inserts.
they make a "tactical" version of the rings.
is this ar15 based ?
jp use to sell a riser/moa rail i have used.

Keeping it simple works for me. I have a mirage 40 moa picatinny rail on my Stiller TAC 338 action. Combined with a Trijicon accupower 4.5-30 FFP Scope w/100 MOA internal elevation allows me a zero at 100 yards and able to dial to 2k. Pretty simple.

There's quite an array of scope mounts available, and I'm tending toward a 1-piece mount for my new Vortex Golden Eagle scope on my 224 Valkyrie rifle. What advice do you have for the most effective scope mount in 30mm?
I use Burris, Leupold, and Aero on AR-15s, have had good luck with all of them

Spuhr, nightforce and desert tech have all been solid for me. (ranging from 20-40moa)

spuhr
IMG_1565.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.