Best recipe for 300win

It is never a bad idea to obtain a good loading manual and read. That's how I started 35+ years ago. I still have those manuals and many others. There will be that time when its late at night and you have a question. Its nice to have a resource to look things up. My first two manuals were a Honady and Speer. They were worth their weight.

Jeff

Agreed! I have a couple next to my laptop when online, a couple by bed side, a few at my reloading table, and some at work to read or reference to during break time. :):Dgun)

Sharing recipe online has it's merit too and like the manual's warning, always proceed with caution.

Ed

In honor of keeping my own rule of "keep it simple stupid" I use H-4350 in all mine and those I load for...I'll sacrifice a little velocity to honor my own rule forced upon myself...life is sooooo much easier this way !

Broz, do you have a sweet spot for the 230gr Berger otm? I will be loading H-1000 and GM-210m in federal FC 11 military brass. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Broz, do you have a sweet spot for the 230gr Berger otm? I will be loading H-1000 and GM-210m in federal FC 11 military brass. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

.005" off the lands and 72 gr was just under max. 73 gr started to flatten primers. I would start at 69 gr. We were using FED GM 215 M pimers too.

Dont expect lots of velocity with the 230 OTM in a 300 win mag. Thats why I like the 215 Better in a 300 win. We only got 2775 from a 28". But with either they are a killing machine on elk.

Jeff

Yea unfortunately that won't happen. Closest range to me is approx 870 miles away. There's also no one even remotely close to me that does any type of reloading at all. This is why I came on here to ask the questions.
If you want to really learn the fundamentals of ballistics and reloading do yourself a favor and buy the Hornady Handbook of Reloading.

For specific load info there a lot of people here you can trust and Broz is at the top of the list.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts