Best place to purchase optics?

Cameralandny is a good dealer and can talk to you a bit about what they sell. Sportoptics is another go to. Usually brand available helps make the choice.

Tract Optics makes a good optic and they sell off their own site.

I have not personally bought from Doug at Camera Land, but they will be the first place I check in the future. I do like to look for deals on a scope before purchasing.
Doug (@gr8fuldoug ) is as good as they come. I do not know if he remembers it, as it was some time ago. I purchased a scope from him. However, it is a scope that they do not usually carry. IIRC, a friend/acquaintance went to him to trade. He also accepted my personal check payment, which was not one of the options, at least at the time.

ADDED:

I went through my PMs; the transaction was on Sept 26, 2019.

Last edited:
Cameraland NY is my go to for optics now. Real (actual!) customer service, great prices, quality product. @gr8fuldoug is on this forum as a sponsor & does a great job of helping people find what they need. Maybe you find something a few bucks cheaper somewhere else but you won't find better service or people and that matters...a lot.
(516) 217-1000

I'm in the market for several new scopes, currently deciding between Trijicon, NF and Leupold (I change my mind daily on which one). Who gives the best prices? I know the usual big online dealers but are there any smaller online dealers that are better and harder to find on a search? I love to buy new toys but I refuse to pay retail prices. Thanks for help in my search!
CHINA !
IMG_5964.JPG

Euro Optics - super good prices & shipping, 3 Vortex close-out 6-24X50 PST scopes, just under $400 each. shipped 2 day UPS free.
I also got good deals with Graf's on 4 Sightron STAC scopes, free shipping after 1st scope with assorted reviews.

House-hold economic restrictions limit optic purchases to $400 or less. Ancient Leupold scopes were bought used after extensive negotiations.

Last edited:
My best experience for typical brands has been at Camera Land (I've been particularly happy with their Swarovski/Zeiss demos). Europotics sale pricing/availabilty can be better at times…. Notwithstanding having been sent the wrong reticle on a NF ATACR recently, I would use them again.

I've become a real fan of Tract Optics the last several years (multiple binos and rifle scopes). Their CS is outstanding, as is the quality and value of their optics.