Best piece of reloading of equipment u have

I've just recently had that sick feeling you get when you think you've wasted money and every time you use it there's no confidence. That's how I feel about buying a Hornady lock and load press. Way to many moving parts with the bushings. I really need a simple press I can feel good about, any recommendations?
Just a good ole RCBS Rock Chucker

Chronograph.

Even a basic one if you're just starting out. You have no idea just how blind you are without it.

Upon further consideration, I believe this is the correct answer! ;)

Me too. Super cheap for what they are.

Yes, from what I understand, Redding copied Forster's design for their "S" series seating dies, then charged more for them!

Last edited:
case prep tools, sonic cleaner, case trimmer, flash hole tool. anything that helps on case prep. I spend more time on cases than anything else.

Us dedicated reloaders that have been reloading for a good many years have been through some equipment, or atleast I have. Things that work, things that don't and if u are like me u have wasted plenty of money experimenting finding that perfect process. If u look at all the equipment u currently have or have had what is the best piece of equipment that has really improved the quality and accuracy of your reloads? Pay attention new guys that are starting out maybe u can save yourself some money!
Sinclair case and bullet gauges, scale calibration weights, super accurate and calibrated balance, digital calipers, chronograph, Forster outside hand held neck turning tool, micrometer seating stem, concentricity guage...

Gotcha makes sense. I don't own a bullet puller and have never pulled any bullets before. But I typically make small batches of ammo. Might need to invest in one!

A bullet puller is another great tool. I dont have to use mine often but when they are needed they are AWESOME. I have the Hornady collet puller for about 20 years and it works great. RCBS also has one that looks real good.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N8N1YQ/?tag=lrhmag19-20

.... I really need a simple press I can feel good about, any recommendations?
Lee Classic Cast: Randy Robinette, father of the 30BR, and owner of BIB Bullets (aka the Ballistic Idiot), uses them to make his his bullets because they produce such straight results.

I've just recently had that sick feeling you get when you think you've wasted money and every time you use it there's no confidence. That's how I feel about buying a Hornady lock and load press. Way to many moving parts with the bushings. I really need a simple press I can feel good about, any recommendations?
Rock chucker, co-ax, Redding big boss. Got all of them and all work!

DSCN0273.jpg
DSCN0274.jpg
DSCN0276.jpg
DSCN0275.jpg

this is my new area for loading

My real Oh moment was the day I quit using expander buttons in my dies and started running Sinclair expander mandrels. Those once in a while flyers disappeared and and my SDs stay very consistent and low single digits. One of the biggest battles in reloading is controlling neck tension and this mandrel setup along with annealing did it for me. It's all puzzle pieces that fit together but with proper load work up controlling neck tension and very consistent way to meter and measure your charges u got it in the bag.

Could you please explain in abit more detail on the use of the expander mandrel?
Do you use th emin the die?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.